Moab 2006 Chat Thread | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2006 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BKennedy said:
Well, I have to convince the wife that its okay to take Sarah out of school for a week to make this trip worth wile. This could take awhile......... :rolleyes:
Just tell Sarah to turn on the waterworks to mom when the time comes... and use the pouty face that kids can do so well. I know that always worked for me with my mom. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GJarrett said:
Well, I used to sort of walk away from the rest of the group, but that was nothing compared to Rick now - jeez, he gets an SAS and big tires and nowadays he just cruises through beachball-sized boulder fields in 3rd gear :rolleyes: :D

You forgot that half the time he can't figure out why something is hard. Then he realizes that the truck isn't even in 4WD. :banghead:

BKennedy said:
Well, I have to convince the wife that its okay to take Sarah out of school for a week to make this trip worth wile. This could take awhile......... :rolleyes:

Tell your wife the teacher on the site says it is OK. Life experiences are part of education as well. If it makes her feel better have Sarah arrange to get all of her assignments ahead of time and she can work on them in advance or at night in Moab. That should please everybody! :D :thumbsup:

Char said:
If it makes her feel better have Sarah arrange to get all of her assignments ahead of time and she can work on them in advance or at night in Moab. That should please everybody! :D :thumbsup:
We tried that when we did our cruise last year and Patrick really had a hard time with it but I do believe he did do it.

410Fortune said:
"he would rather go to moab then school"
So he is human
But you have to remember it was the last couple days of school when they just got to fool around and say good-bye to there buddy's.

BKennedy said:

Tell her it's all about visting National Parks :D Arches, Canyonlands etc...

mrboyle said:
I want to run Golden Spike again!
X3-vi.jpg

I vote mrboyle as the explorerforum member that consistently accomplishes the most difficult trails with the least modified Explorer. :)

Any chance of doing Behind the Rocks again? :cool:

We're up to 43 registered participants. I am going to cap the registration at 50. Anymore than that and we will have a lot of trouble at our Saturday night dinner. The Branding Iron burned down last year and has been rebuilt. I just hope they built it bigger :D

1. Rick and Char - 4 - Plaque
2. Brian Kennedy - bkennedy - 4
3. Gerald and Ashli Jarrett - GJarrett and AshliX - 4 - Plaque
4. Joshua Champion - Goliath - 4
5. Derrick Volk - Positive Vibes - 3-4 - Plaque
6. John Glancy - Brother of Jefe - 4 - Plaque
7. Joseph Gaylor - jrgaylor - 3+ - Plaque
8. Michael Bouknight - Michael - 4 - Plaque
9. Paul - Paul and Theresa Sabin - 4 - plaque
10. John Jensen - zhanx - 3.5 - plaque
11. Ryan Sowell - arsoul - 4 -
12. Douglas Emerson - Becker69 - 2,3 - plaque
13. Marty Sprunk - Marty196 - 3.5 - plaque
14. Kevin McInchak - Diff Whack Daddy - 4 - Plaque
15. Matt Dresselhaus - RockRanger - 4 - Plaque
16. Jared "Six Tire" Doty - twotonex - 3 - Plaque
17. Mike Boyle - mrboyle - 3+ - plaque
18. Phil Fisk - Albino 94LTD - 3.5 - plaque
19. Robert Uhrich - 90ranajo - 4 - plaque
20. Bobby Ermatinger - Boble86 - 4 - plaque
21. Bill Collins - RangerX - 4
22. Roger Schlender - sandrunner - 4 - plaque
23. Scott Berkel - Buckshot - 4 - plaque
24. Justin Lynch whitemage24 - 1 -
25. Jeremy Hammer - Hammer - 4 - plaque
26. Marshall Graves - offroader_69_me - 4 - plaque
27. Jason Parrish - exploderpilot - 3- plaque
28. David Jarrett - AspenX - 2,3 - plaque
29. Joey Bauer - californiafeind - 2 - plaque
30. David Harward - dignan - 3+
31. Andrew P. Vassallo - st_anger5532 - 2 - plaque
32. Jefe Glancy - Jefe - 4 - Plaque
33. James Young - Climbnkd - 3
34. John Young - Climbnkd2 - 3
35. Joey Timmons - JTX - 4 - plaque
36. Tom Davis - tdavis - 4 - plaque
37. Mike Prociv - Big Dakota - 2,3 - plaque
38. Rob Robertson - Gofast - 3 - plaque
39. Mark Ware - Markw - 1,2
40. Brian Kennedy - bkennedy - 3.5 - plaque
41. Colin Ignacio - Froader - 4 - plaque
42. John Johnstone - Johnstone - 4 - plaque
43. Perry Schwab - Perry - 3,4 - plaque

Rick, Ashli just learned of a scheduling conflict that she will not be able to avoid and won't be able to make it - you can take her off the list as I'll be coming solo now.

Darn it, I wanted ya'll to be able to see her this year, I'm real proud of her.... she's lost a LOT of weight :thumbsup:
---------------------------

Edit: Wow :eek: I count something like sixteen names on that list that I've never met.... this is gonna be a lot of fun :bounce:

Im getting excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got soooooooooooooooooo much stuff to do with my Explorer! The things sitting on jack stands right now and doesnt even run!

GJarrett said:
Edit: Wow :eek: I count something like sixteen names on that list that I've never met.... this is gonna be a lot of fun :bounce:

Wow, and lots of people I haven't seen in AGES it seems like.

RockRanger said:
Where do we get that book with all the trails from? Isn't there a place to buy it that supports this site?

I've still got mine..... though this year might prove to be the time when I finally have to replace it :D

Attachments

• MVC-016F.JPG
    MVC-016F.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 178

tdavis said:
Wow, and lots of people I haven't seen in AGES it seems like.

Yeah, ditto on that.

AspenX said:
Any chance of doing Behind the Rocks again? :cool:

Matt mentioned the thought of splitting the big dawgs up into 2 or 3 groups if this many really show up; I'm sure there's going to be a lot of possibilities open up by the time the event happens. If any of the extreme guys finally want to try out a trail above Herc's abilities - something like Pritchett Canyon - I'll probably request a ridealong one day and do some photo work instead of being behind the wheel. There's 43 vehicles already signed up (we'll get to 50 for sure) and figure that maybe 35+ will actually show up - I have a strong suspicion that we'll be splitting into several runs each day. I've noticed that preplanned itineraries tend to get rearranged somewhat once we actually arrive.... I kinda wonder if Rick has anything special planned for this year besides wanting to run Golden Spike again.

I want to leave for Utah right now, LOL.

GJarrett said:
Darn it, I wanted ya'll to be able to see her this year, I'm real proud of her.... she's lost a LOT of weight :thumbsup:
---------------------------
You could show us a picture of her. Tell her congrats for us because I know that is a very hard thing to do.

Gerrald which climb is that?

101dscf0597.jpg

410Fortune said:
Gerrald which climb is that?

That would be "launch pad".....

101dscf0597.jpg

That would be "launch pad".....

thats what I thought but I dont remember it being as steep as it looks in his Picture, but I do remember thinking "my butt is sure sucking up to that leather!"
2893aunching.jpg

Yep, Launch Pad is one of those that helps keep your shorts on tight :D

I remember me and Rick were talking at one point a year or two ago about doing Golden Spike backwards - call it a "Ekips Nedlog" run, LOL - but then I got to thinking, hmmm..... do I really want to go DOWN Launch Pad? :confused: :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It does look very steep from the picture... Has there ever been any "whoops" events at "Launch pad"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back