Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where's the Pics?

Show, how did you break a damn shift cable? Were you still able to do the run or did you just limp back to camp?

Heres my pics so far.

First pic: John had said something about how long the tent trailer looked behind his Jeep as we walked into lunch. This is what we found as we walked back out.

Other two pics: John and I at Hells Gate on Hells Revenge, which we ran in 2 hrs after pulling into Moab at 5:30pm

Attachments

• Sany0001a.jpg
    Sany0001a.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 2,301
  • Sany0006.jpg
    Sany0006.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,251
  • Sany0001b.jpg
    Sany0001b.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,252

Live Webcam !!!

This should be good until the sun comes up :D
webcam.jpg

This is Jamie's room mate posting for him
He is stuck in Grand Junction at a friends house with radiator problems. He is not sure if he will make Moab this weekend.

He asked me to post this in the Moab 2006 thread and have anyone in Moab who reads this to tell everyone the news.

Hey Froader, is that a uhaul trailer in your rear view mirror?

hows it workin out for ya?

I know where this is :D Hwy 15 as your goning through Arizona ;)
ToMoab.jpg

John, It's daylight??? :rolleyes: Oh you just forgot to take the lens cap off right. :D

I ran into two built Explorers that weren't with our group. One guy lives in Moab and the other is here on vacation. Both said they will be joining us this weekend :thumbsup:

As I'm typing this James Young is sitting with his truck on Steelbender waiting for his brother to bring him a shortned driveshaft. The driveshaft he just had built was too long and the splined end pushed through the yoke and destroyed his U-joint. :eek:

I can't wait to join you guys! See ya tomorrow.

Dammit.
I am home now, my Ron Davis radiator let go on me on the way to Moab, the leaks I had before are back and WORSE.
I nursed it home = sucks

Please tell Bill (RangerX) I will gladly pay my 4th for the cabin at canyonlands, he also had a tiki for me if one of the Colorado guys can bring it home I would be forever thankful and will come pick it up, even chip in for gas/hauling fee.

Hope you guys have fun I am friggin bummed!!! but the last thing we would all need is an overheating BII on the trail 6 hours from home......

This was to be the last big 4x4 trip before "stage III" of my buildup begins, looks like I can start on the tear down a bit sooner then expected (down to bare cab in prep for rust repair and tube work)

410= not a happy camper.

Bummer!! Sorry to hear that Jamie. I'll tell Bill and see if Perry or someone else could bring the tiki back for you.

thanks, not happy with Ron Davis currently
This was the BII's weak spot and it bit me, the BG sealer can only do so much leak stopping I guess....

That sucks 410 maybee next year.. As i will be thier for sure.

SuRrEaLNJ said:
Hey Froader, is that a uhaul trailer in your rear view mirror?

hows it workin out for ya?
It worked fine, I just needed to rig up some straps since the provided front tire straps don't even come close to fitting 35s. :D

410Fortune said:
Dammit.
I am home now, my Ron Davis radiator let go on me on the way to Moab, the leaks I had before are back and WORSE.
I nursed it home = sucks

Please tell Bill (RangerX) I will gladly pay my 4th for the cabin at canyonlands, he also had a tiki for me if one of the Colorado guys can bring it home I would be forever thankful and will come pick it up, even chip in for gas/hauling fee.

Hope you guys have fun I am friggin bummed!!! but the last thing we would all need is an overheating BII on the trail 6 hours from home......

This was to be the last big 4x4 trip before "stage III" of my buildup begins, looks like I can start on the tear down a bit sooner then expected (down to bare cab in prep for rust repair and tube work)

410= not a happy camper.

Aww man, that totally sucks. Good luck on your stage III and don't forget to post pics when you're finished

Well, this is James's brother and it is 10 PM in beautiful Moab. Of course James wouldn't know it cause he is still not back from being broke on Steelbender. :roll: Hopefully he will be back soon. It seems like it was a rough day, lots of minor issues for a lot of folks, but I'll let them tell you about it. Hopefully tomorrow will go better for everyone.

FROADER said:
It worked fine, I just needed to rig up some straps since the provided front tire straps don't even come close to fitting 35s. :D

Id imagine so. they barely fit on my 235s.

Man you guys have barely begun the weekend and im already wantin to drive to AZ again :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got back from a night run on the second half of Fins and Things after we stopped by the Dump Bump. I have a couple little vids that I will post when I can.

Show on the entrance to the Dump Bump.
FriNight3.jpg

FriNight1.jpg

FriNight2.jpg

Back