Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they have overflow parking across the creek. It is first come first serve.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

add me in for strike ravine with queenie!

O.K here is what I have for the Friday Run Thus Far...

meet city market 8:30 to 9:00 a.m. and run (BFE)Strike Ravine (possible Minor threat - its only .26 miles for anyone with 35's and 1 locker who wants to try it)
Requirement 33 inch tires and some sort of lift (for strike ravine).....

Moabb2
Moabb2's Father
410 Fortune
Msupertekk
Mudduck
DB_1
Positive Vibes
Mountain Green
Chad 551
JTX
91 Exploder

Friday afternoon meet 2:30p.m. to 3 p.m. city market Fins and Things
Recommend 31 inch tires......Unless the trail Has changed much it should be pretty easy...

Moabb2
Moabb2's Father
Msupertekk
Mudduck
Positive Vibes (?)
Mountain Green
Chad551
JTX
Becker69
Chrisis
FlyBoyCoe
410Fortune
DB_1
91 Exploder

If I have misrepresented anyone or left anyone off please let me know and I'll change it.

That's my Friday game plan...:D

Still waiting to see what Ricks outcome is for Saturday then I'll post what I'm doing on Sunday for anyone who wants to join me...

revised

revised
O.K here is what I have for the Friday Run Thus Far...

meet city market 8:30 to 9:00 a.m. and run (BFE)Strike Ravine (possible Minor threat - its only .26 miles for anyone with 35's and 1 locker who wants to try it)
Requirement 33 inch tires and some sort of lift (for strike ravine).....

Moabb2
Moabb2's Father
410 Fortune
Msupertekk
Mudduck
DB_1
Positive Vibes
Mountain Green
Chad 551
JTX
91 Exploder
Tilt168
offroader69me
928SPORT

Friday afternoon meet 2:30p.m. to 3 p.m. city market Fins and Things
Recommend 31 inch tires......Unless the trail Has changed much it should be pretty easy...

Moabb2
Moabb2's Father
Msupertekk
Mudduck
Positive Vibes (?)
Mountain Green
Chad551
JTX
Becker69
Chrisis
FlyBoyCoe
410Fortune
DB_1
91 Exploder

If I have misrepresented anyone or left anyone off please let me know and I'll change it.

That's my Friday game plan...:D

Still waiting to see what Ricks outcome is for Saturday then I'll post what I'm doing on Sunday for anyone who wants to join me...

smack dab in the middle of town on the main drag

if you can find Moab you can find the City market

Do we have any word on Saturday/Sunday activities yet?

mark me down for strike ravine and maybe the other BFE!

Msupertek,
I think we can stick with the original time after seeing what you posted. I had no clue how long the trails were but I'm confident we can keep on schedule:thumbsup:

Mike you planning on driving to the trail head? or putting it on the trailor

Does anybody else at Canyonlands have room for one more explorer? Preferably across the creek so I don't have to cross on foot.
I'm not sure if there is overflow parking on the front side of the 'creek' (although it would sorta make sense if there was some spots). I will have the only truck at my site... I'll have one of the covered tent sites right after and to the left of the incline for the creek (I will be in the area before the creek). Unless things change; you're free to park a vehicle up by me :thumbsup:
As it turns out, I'll be out there solo.... my bud got shafted with having to cover some shifts for some guys on leave (military ;) ).... I think he's more disappointed than I am almost. Let me know if anyone gets stuck for needing a tent spot, I can share :).

Not really... A couple ideas have been thrown out, but nothing has been firmed up. I'm trying to stay neutral... Most of this group has been out there before, so I'm willing to go where the group decides.

The one activity that has been firmed up is dinner at the Branding Iron, 7pm, cash only.

My pics for stocker/modified's;

Brian mentioned he was planning on Hey Joe Canyon on Sat (along with some other easy trails).... :thumbsup:

Sevenmile Rim is up in the same area as well and would be cool to do ;)

In addition Brian said he'd run Bartlett Overlook and Rainbow Terrace on Sun (among others) :thumbsup:

Kane Creek Canyon would be cool to run as well on Sun ;)

Not to mention Gemini Bridges, Fins & Things and whatever else the area has to offer :D

I guess no night runs like Truckhaven style, huh?

dinner at the Branding Iron, 7pm, cash only.

Which night are we doing Branding Iron?

I guess no night runs like Truckhaven style, huh?

Are there any good night runs? I was watching the THaven videos and thought that would be a lot of fun.

I think it was Fins 'n Things that we did last year while it was getting dark.

Started like this at the Dump Bump...

FriNight3.jpg

and ended like this...

FriNight2.jpg

FriNight1.jpg

Dinner is usually Sat. night, although carnage and late evening precluded a group dinner last year.

Nice photos Colin... dude I swear you're always up till all hours reading anything about trails! :D

That would be fun... and I'd be cool running something early-mid evening as long as it wasn't too technical. :thumbsup:

You and Perry will have to make it next year. :salute: :)

Usually between the long travels to and from Moab, and the long days wheeling, especially the early starts, many of us are too tired to do a night run. Though the evening run of Fins n things was fun. The only other trail I've run at night was Top of the World. That was an eerie feeling knowing there was a 3,000 ft cliff right there, but not being able to see anything, even with a 2M CP spotlight.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mike you planning on driving to the trail head? or putting it on the trailor

On Friday I think I'm going to trailer out there and back (since my top speed is only 45 mph). I'll drive to fins and things though its not as far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back