Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went and organized the sign-up list that Rick posted into trail difficulty groups. I also tried to verify that everyones Rig is properly equipped to run in that group. ;) It appears that we have a perfectly sized groups. :cool: Obviously there will be some swapping around depending on the trails we pick, but these are excellent sized groups so lets at least try to plan around them. :)

Stock/Superstock
Brian1 - 1-3
Chad551 - 2
FlyBoyCoe - 3
Joey Jarhead - 2
MoabB2 - 2
mountaineergreen - 3
tilt168 - 3

Modified+
410Fortune - 3.5
67truckguy - 3.5
928sport - 3.5
Becker69 - 3+
Dignan - 3+
Gjarrett - 3-4
goliath - 4
mrboyle - 3.5
Positive Vibes - 3.5

Big Dawg/Extreme
Brother of Jefe - 4
DB_1 - 4
FAKRWEE - 4
Jefe - 4
McIncak - 4
Msupertek - 4
offroader_69_me - 4
Rick

Ridge903 - Ride Along
Spas - Ride Along

just wondering but how are you computing these? cause (not to bash on FlyBoy lol) but I don't see how my Bronc is the same as his expo.... I'm fine to run with the lower group but I def want to do some runs with some of the bigger guys...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it's less about your Bronc, and more about you being Army...(j/k Tilt, btw i just got my front driveshaft in and 4Lo is awesome!)

Dont worry about the list, Jefe just put that together to show the possible groups. You should do fine with the modified group.

I think it's less about your Bronc, and more about you being Army...(j/k Tilt, btw i just got my front driveshaft in and 4Lo is awesome!)

hahaaha!
zoomies....anywho you take it out yet? i want to see her in action! when are you next free? tm? its muddy enough to have some fun we just need to find someplace....

So, I think my game plan for the weekend will be something easy Friday morning just to get aquainted, Fins & Things Friday afternoon, Sevenmile Rim Saturday, possibly something in the afternoon time willing, and Top of the World on Sunday if other people want to go. I can't freaking wait...

just wondering but how are you computing these? cause (not to bash on FlyBoy lol) but I don't see how my Bronc is the same as his expo.... I'm fine to run with the lower group but I def want to do some runs with some of the bigger guys...
Just going by the equipment list in your sig, the only reason you're not in the Modified group is the lack of a locker. With all the other stuff you should be fine jumping up a group though. ;)

Just going by the equipment list in your sig, the only reason you're not in the Modified group is the lack of a locker. With all the other stuff you should be fine jumping up a group though. ;)

LSD...helps some....and if i get stuck I'll just use the winch and the skinny pedel...its going to be nice to have one of the biggest engines hehe!

I was wondering about that- I guess I am borderline superstock/modified?

I have a locker, 33's sliders, etc, but I know I am not on par with GJarret due to my unwillingness to incur body damage. :D But, he is a 3/4 in the modified category/group, and I am a 3 in the superstock group.

I was wondering about that- I guess I am borderline superstock/modified?

I have a locker, 33's sliders, etc, but I know I am not on par with GJarret due to my unwillingness to incur body damage. :D But, he is a 3/4 in the modified category/group, and I am a 3 in the superstock group.
I'm not sure why I put you in superstock. I must have missed the locker or tire size. :confused:

Gerald wheels like a Big Dawg, but doesn't have enough lift to really be one. :p: I can't make too much fun of him because I was once in his shoes. . . but that was like 4 years ago. :eek:

I do apologize for bumping anyone down a category, I was just following the classifications to a T. If you feel you can step up one, I'm not stopping you, just verify it with the trail boss the day of. Moab trails are not somewhere that you want to be pushing your rig or yourself past the limits.

I'm not sure why I put you in superstock. I must have missed the locker or tire size. :confused:

Gerald wheels like a Big Dawg, but doesn't have enough lift to really be one. :p: I can't make too much fun of him because I was once in his shoes. . . but that was like 4 years ago. :eek:

I wasn't complaining, just asking, was a little confused. I am a rookie rock crawler, so I will definitely need some good spotting.

On another note- I am going to need somewhere to store my front bumper once I get there as I cant wheel with my front bumper on. Any suggestions?

I'll mostly be running stock/superstock depending on the trail... it was cool that Jeff put together a figurative list so people could see who they'd be likely to wheel with.
On another note- I am going to need somewhere to store my front bumper once I get there as I cant wheel with my front bumper on. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure where you're staying... but you may be able to leave it in someones tent while we're on the trails (I'll volunteer my tent- its a 4man so it should fit it fine, I'm just not positive I'll be setting it up since I'll be solo). Or maybe someone with a cabin at Canyonlands wouldn't mind ya setting it in there (gently :D).

Hmm, yeah I got rated a 2, I ran Hells Revenge with the Big Dawgs last year. I think mainly it just depends on the trail for the day, if you think your rig can do it I guess you can ask the trail boss and switch groups.

I do apologize for bumping anyone down a category, I was just following the classifications to a T. If you feel you can step up one, I'm not stopping you, just verify it with the trail boss the day of. Moab trails are not somewhere that you want to be pushing your rig or yourself past the limits.

If I understood correctly, Jefes list was just to give everyone an idea of potential groups... as far as I know the numerical rating that people are refering to seems to be from the original Explorerforum Moab 2007 form, where we each had to rate ourselves for trail purposes. ;)

Ok this is the list I have thus far for Saturday and Sunday anyone else who thinks they want to be on it just let me know and I'll add ya.

Well I guess I'll throw out my game plan for Saturday.... (after seven mile rim if there is time I may head to some other short trails for the afternoon, not sure how long it is going to take because it is 20 miles long)

meet city market if you'd like to go between 8:00 am and 8:30 am (depart)

Saturday's Trail Seven Mile Rim

Msupertekk
Mudduck
91 Exploder
JTX
Dignan
Moabb2
FlyBoyCoe
Rick

Sunday's Trail Golden Spike

Msupertekk
Mudduck
91 Exploder
JTX

Well I'm done, I'll have to save the other trails for next year...:salute:

Ill probably go with you sunday to Mike.

All my parts arrived at the house just got finals Thursday then ill have a week to fix everything.

Getting excited!

I'll join you on Saturday and see what else is going on Sunday.

i'll just end up running whatever trails are being done sat and sun...I have no idea whats what so i'll be swayed one way or the other depending on what ppl say the night before/that morning

I'll join you on Saturday and see what else is going on Sunday.

Flat Iron Mesa? *hint*

It looks like there's a whole lotta ideas flying around; I suppose that I'll just show up and see what happens :)

9 days until I head out for MOAB!:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

9 days until I head out for MOAB!:D

You don't have to rub it in.....:p: :mad:
I sure wish we could make it, but things just didn't work out this year. At least I found a job so that is a good start.........That means I can at least wheel around here hopefully this summer.:thumbsup: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back