Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008 | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dannyboy would you happen to have a used 32 or a 31 that I can get for a spare. my spare is a 225/75r15 not good when you run 32s.

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dannyboy would you happen to have a used 32 or a 31 that I can get for a spare. my spare is a 225/75r15 not good when you run 32s.

Tim

Hmm, I'll take a look, I just pitched a 31x10.50x15 on a jeep wheel that was sitting around my place.

worst case I could bring a 50% worn down 33x9.50 mounted up on a 5x4.5.

I've already taken care of Chad on a spare.

I have my stock 31" you can have project. I'll send you a pic of it tomorrow

hmm this is making me wonder if my spare holds air. i bent the rim so bad glamis that the tire lost all the air through the bead. i tried making it straighter by us of a hammer but havent put air in it yet :rolleyes:

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Paul, I plan on being there on tuesday morning around 1030-1100. PM me for exact time. :salute:

Man, no Brian, no Doug, no Marshal what gives? You guys dissapoint me!

:p: J/K Sucks that you can't make it, but I'm still going to have fun without you!

Thanx JTX at least a 31 is better than a 225.

Tim

Man, no Brian, no Doug, no Marshal what gives? You guys dissapoint me!

:p: J/K Sucks that you can't make it, but I'm still going to have fun without you!

Dude I know... I am bummed I just feel like with the costs involved I'm being irresponsible to my family :(. But they come 1st, my wheelin' hobbies aside. You know better than anyone that it's not just the trails and all but the people that you want to see and hang out with.

Sidebar; Joey Jarhead, Tim (Aviator..), Jeff (FlyBoyCoe), Mike, and whomever else I was due to camp with; I still have the spot reserved under me (Douglas E.) for thurs thru Mon... if one of you would take the onus on yourself and would like to contact Canyonlands to assume the spot that'd be cool. I'll call them tomorrow and as far as I know I have til Tues to canx the reservation. PM me and let me know. I am real sorry and real bummed I won't make it. It's reserved for 6 already. If you need cost totals they are minor but you can contact me or Canyonlands.

Have fun all, be safe and don't break TOO much stuff. :D ;)

By the way I think it's irresponsible of anyone who runs larger tires to not hassle having a full size spare or equivalent. Regardless of costs... it's part of the wheeling inconveniences you take on for running non-OEM tires and I think it's part of the responsibility you owe others you wheel with to minimally encumber (upon them with) your own tire repairs.

By the way I think it's irresponsible of anyone who runs larger tires to not hassle having a full size spare or equivalent. Regardless of costs... it's part of the wheeling inconveniences you take on for running non-OEM tires and I think it's part of the responsibility you owe others you wheel with to minimally encumber (upon them with) your own tire repairs.

I agree!

I think everyone agrees, that is why I asked the question. It just dawned on me that my spare was 2" smaller, while I was getting all the other required items and spare parts on my list gathered up.

If I was being irresponsible I would not have asked for the advice about running my 32 as a spare.

Got the cutting brake finished off last night. Last thing for the Ex is to get the new windshield put back in tomorrow. Once that's done it gets loaded on the trailer and stays there til Moab arrival :D

This weekend is little stuff on the F-350, oil change, check fluids, load camper, etc...

Oh yeah, and the honey do list, check the rear squeek (brakes) on her car.

This weekend is little stuff on the F-350, oil change, check fluids, load camper, etc...

Why did you have to go and remind me that I needed an oil change?

What do oil changes cost these days? $200? sheeesh gas hit $3.80 here in Denver just in time for Memorial weekend!!

Moab would cost me approx $400 in gas this year, thats tripple what I usually spend...

4 gallons of oil @ $10 each
1 $10 oil filter.

Don't get me started on fuel. Diesel is up to $4.79/gal here. I'm looking at close to $1000 in diesel for this trip.

I've seen $5.299 out here.

Sorry Chad, didn't mean to pick on ya' it was more of a general reminder to the group.

I got my leaf spring pack back from Dunbar Spring yesterday. While I was pushing up on the shock piston getting it to retract back into the housing I found there was practically no resistance to movement. First thing I thought was that I killed the shock. I dialed up the adjustment on the shock to 9 and tried it again, nothing changed.

These Ranchos were mounted by FST upside down. Some shocks you can run that way, others you can't. Guess what... These shocks don't like being mounted upside down. I flipped the shock and low and behold, there was resistance to travel, just like there should be.

The strangest thing is the truck never felt like the shocks were too soft in back. :confused:

Weather Channel forecast

Looks like it we will have a Hi of 88-90° and a Lo of 54-60° with plenty of sun for Thursday thru Sunday.:thumbsup: And a 20% chance of rain on Thursday with wind speeds of 10-17mph from the South. So bring plenty of sun screen for you fair skinned people!:D

Sorry Chad, didn't mean to pick on ya' it was more of a general reminder to the group.

No problem Rick.. See ya in Moab!!! I have to go and change the oil now. And put my roof rack on so I will be able to haul my new (new to me) 35" spare wheel.:thumbsup:

Dont forget it Dannyboy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just tested the winch and rewound it. Had the old changed this passed week. Also cleaned out the back and organized it. Also have made room for my new spare, Thanx again JTX. Then again I do have the roof rack too.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back