Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MoabB2

Reaction score
City, State
South Jordan, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
89 Bronco II (97 Mercury)
Is it too early to start planning for Moab 2011?!:) I'd like to get the dates on the calendar.

When do we want to go?

Shouldn't we post something like this on the Moab thread. . .? :rolleyes:

IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING MOAB '11 RUN
"The Moab BLM has implemented several regulations regarding "organized" events in the area. In order to hold an "organized" event you have to apply for a permit, get insurance, collect money for every person on every trail, etc... It all adds up to big money. To prevent us from having to make our annual trek to Moab a money pit for everyone involved we can no longer consider this an "open invitation" event.

The 2011 EF Moab run will be limited to the first 25 vehicles registered. Only EF members and their immediate families are invited to come. If your buddy wants to join you, he's more than welcome to come to Moab, he just can not "participate" in our run. The same can be said for anyone here that wants to come and doesn't make it in under the cut off number. We can't stop you from enjoying your vacation in Moab, we just can't "include" you in the event.

If you are serious about attending get your spot early, if you are thinking about going, post up. (Don't think this as big as concern as it once was; been quite a few years since we've had more than 25 vehicles registered...)

One final rule we must follow: since this is going to be a "non-organized" gathering of friends and family there will be no discussion as to the agenda prior to the run.

Attendees - - As of 2/27

Originally Posted by Paul
Attendees - - As of 4/5

1. MoabB2 - Tentative
2. jrgaylor
3. Rick
4. Paul
5. Chad551
6. HVAC Man
7. MRBoyle
8. John K
9. Ryan & Maranda - Tentative
10. Gary

Lodging and Moab Information: Support this site by linking through the main page "Explorer Bookstore" to 4x4 books and/or Amazon.com and purchase Charles Wells "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails". It is an absolutely invaluable resource for the trip and a "must-buy".
http://www.moab-utah.com/
http://www.4x4now.com/mu4wd.htm

TRAIL RATINGS (Moab trails are rated thusly; example trails within category are listed with each rating)
1 All weather road; 4WD not needed. (Sand Flats Road)
1.5 Graded road; 4WD may be needed in poor weather. (Onion Creek)
2 Unimproved or rarely graded road. 4WD or extra clearance needed at times, with no special driving skills required. (Chicken Corners)
2.5 Road rarely maintained, 4WD, good clearance, low gears (4LO) often needed, with some extra care and a bit of driving experience useful. (Gemini Bridges, Secret Spire)
3 Road in difficult terrain, rarely maintained, 4WD, good clearance and low gears essential, with some driving skill and daring required. (Top of the World)
3.5 Road in difficult terrain, probably maintained only by occasional users. Excellent stock truck or utility vehicle required, with considerable driving skill and daring needed. (Steelbender, Elephant Hill, Fins & Things)
4 Trail either never bladed or badly eroded. Stock vehicles are in jeopardy (read: be prepared to accept body damage). Modifications for improved off-road performance and top driving skills needed. (Metal Masher, Poison Spider Mesa, Hells Revenge)
4+ Trails reserved for those not much concerned with vehicle durability or personal safety. It is common to have 10% or more of the vehicles experience major mechanical failures on these trails. (Golden Spike, Cliffhanger, Moab Rim)
5 Relatively new category reserved for only the most extreme of trails. Don?t even think of running one without a winch, 35? tires, lots of lift, both axles locked, and willing to take major body damage. (Pritchett Canyon)

EXPLORER VEHICLE CATEGORIES
Stock: self explanatory, 4wd with low range - up to 3 rated trails
SuperStock: 1.5" lift; 31" tires, skidplates, LSD (limited slip differential) in rear - up to 3+ rated trails
Modified: 2.5" lift, 32" tires, LSD front and rear OR one locker - up to 4 rated trails
Big Dawg: 4" lift, 33" tires, LSD in one axle AND one locker in the other - 4+ rated trails
Extreme: 5.5+ lift, 35" tires, both axles locked, winch, willing to take major body damage - bring it, any trail"

Paul
'91 Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last year was a good time, not too hot, not too cold.

Middleish of May is good for me

The weekend of May 14th or the 21st would keep us away from Memorial Day weekend when they usually have big crowds...

I might have to sit this year out. New job, not enough vacation time saved up. Speaking of savings, new job doesn't pay nearly as well as my fellow tax payer dollars. Anyway, I'll lurk for now, but am definitely saving for a 2012 Armegedon Moab run :D

Dang it! MOAB!!! Wish I could go...:( But I don't have a rig, and may isn't a good month for me, but ya'll have fun out there and take/post some videos! :D Give me another year or two and I'd be able to join...

The weekend of May 14th or the 21st would keep us away from Memorial Day weekend when they usually have big crowds...

Either one of those weekends is GREAT for me! I'd like to see lots of people able to make it next May....so which works best for the rest of you all?!!

Shouldn't we post something like this on the Moab thread. . .? :rolleyes:

IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING MOAB '11 RUN
"The Moab BLM has implemented several regulations regarding "organized" events in the area. In order to hold an "organized" event you have to apply for a permit, get insurance, collect money for every person on every trail, etc... It all adds up to big money. To prevent us from having to make our annual trek to Moab a money pit for everyone involved we can no longer consider this an "open invitation" event.

The 2011 EF Moab run will be limited to the first 25 vehicles registered. Only EF members and their immediate families are invited to come. If your buddy wants to join you, he's more than welcome to come to Moab, he just can not "participate" in our run. The same can be said for anyone here that wants to come and doesn't make it in under the cut off number. We can't stop you from enjoying your vacation in Moab, we just can't "include" you in the event.

If you are serious about attending get your spot early, if you are thinking about going, post up. (Don't think this as big as concern as it once was; been quite a few years since we've had more than 25 vehicles registered...)

One final rule we must follow: since this is going to be a "non-organized" gathering of friends and family there will be no discussion as to the agenda prior to the run.

Attendees - - As of 3/24

1. MoabB2
2. jrgaylor
3. Rick
4. Paul
5. Chad551
6. Bronco2guy - Out
7. Reapereviltwin - Out
8. HVAC Man
9. MRBoyle
10. John K

Lodging and Moab Information: Support this site by linking through the main page "Explorer Bookstore" to 4x4 books and/or Amazon.com and purchase Charles Wells "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails". It is an absolutely invaluable resource for the trip and a "must-buy".
http://www.moab-utah.com/
http://www.4x4now.com/mu4wd.htm

TRAIL RATINGS (Moab trails are rated thusly; example trails within category are listed with each rating)
1 All weather road; 4WD not needed. (Sand Flats Road)
1.5 Graded road; 4WD may be needed in poor weather. (Onion Creek)
2 Unimproved or rarely graded road. 4WD or extra clearance needed at times, with no special driving skills required. (Chicken Corners)
2.5 Road rarely maintained, 4WD, good clearance, low gears (4LO) often needed, with some extra care and a bit of driving experience useful. (Gemini Bridges, Secret Spire)
3 Road in difficult terrain, rarely maintained, 4WD, good clearance and low gears essential, with some driving skill and daring required. (Top of the World)
3.5 Road in difficult terrain, probably maintained only by occasional users. Excellent stock truck or utility vehicle required, with considerable driving skill and daring needed. (Steelbender, Elephant Hill, Fins & Things)
4 Trail either never bladed or badly eroded. Stock vehicles are in jeopardy (read: be prepared to accept body damage). Modifications for improved off-road performance and top driving skills needed. (Metal Masher, Poison Spider Mesa, Hells Revenge)
4+ Trails reserved for those not much concerned with vehicle durability or personal safety. It is common to have 10% or more of the vehicles experience major mechanical failures on these trails. (Golden Spike, Cliffhanger, Moab Rim)
5 Relatively new category reserved for only the most extreme of trails. Don?t even think of running one without a winch, 35? tires, lots of lift, both axles locked, and willing to take major body damage. (Pritchett Canyon)

EXPLORER VEHICLE CATEGORIES
Stock: self explanatory, 4wd with low range - up to 3 rated trails
SuperStock: 1.5" lift; 31" tires, skidplates, LSD (limited slip differential) in rear - up to 3+ rated trails
Modified: 2.5" lift, 32" tires, LSD front and rear OR one locker - up to 4 rated trails
Big Dawg: 4" lift, 33" tires, LSD in one axle AND one locker in the other - 4+ rated trails
Extreme: 5.5+ lift, 35" tires, both axles locked, winch, willing to take major body damage - bring it, any trail"

Paul
'91 Sport

Well since I old the ole girl and the hemi LJ rubicon, I guess we will be sitting it out this year!

I added a poll to this thread.

Poll is closed. May 21 it is:chug:

The economy is still the "Big Suck" around here. Not enough work over the winter to save for a big spring trip :( I'm a maybe at most.

I wouldn't mind being a passenger and helping someone out with fuel and lodging costs tho. That would be more realistic monetarily wise.

The economy is still the "Big Suck" around here. Not enough work over the winter to save for a big spring trip :( I'm a maybe at most.

I wouldn't mind being a passenger and helping someone out with fuel and lodging costs tho. That would be more realistic monetarily wise.

I will have a seat open, and your more than welcome to plop your biscuits there.

Greg we will maybe have open seat in vehicle on the way out should be taking my buddys Cummins quadcab

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If your riding with us we would take south Route, nice and scenic..
Just help with fuel, im unsure what vehicle will be bringing, 2 quads and jeep if its done, if jeep not done will bring my Ranger

Back