Moab 2011 - May 21 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2011 - May 21

Moab Date - May 14th or the 21st 2011??

• May 14 2011

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Chucked a U-Joint on the start of Mirror Gulch - - based on a rear suspension issue (a little too much bounce).

No big obstacles (other than Rock Chucker and Widow Maker - - which are either optional or have bypasses...).

Paul
'91 Sport

C'mon Albino -

Top of Mirror Gulch. . .

Screw it . . . I'm listing you as "tentative". . .

Attachments

• DSC01958.JPG
    DSC01958.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 354

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just so you all know. If there is a trail where I am on a cliff and have to tackle an obstacle I will likely freak out... I have issues with height, and falling off cliffs. Hence the reason I walked down Black Bear Pass and took photos instead.:D

I also dont mind doing some easy trails either. Hey Rick what about fins-n-things? I could do that trail every year and never get bored with it.

Looks like this trip is going be a little more expensive with gas going up so much...

Just so you all know. If there is a trail where I am on a cliff and have to tackle an obstacle I will likely freak out... I have issues with height, and falling off cliffs. Hence the reason I walked down Black Bear Pass and took photos instead.:D

I also dont mind doing some easy trails either. Hey Rick what about fins-n-things? I could do that trail every year and never get bored with it.

Looks like this trip is going be a little more expensive with gas going up so much...

You may opt to skip trails like Cliffhanger (yes I am Captain Obvious) and Moab Rim as those intentionally put you as close as possible to the cliffs. Just ask Ralph from last year, he freaked going down the big ledge on the cliff at cliffhanger and just pushed in the clutch, scared me (spotting) and him both. There are no big scary cliffs on Prittchett though, just a nice relaxing canyon! :D

Hey guys, I have lots of reasons why I've moved to the Tentative category for this trip...not the least of which is my wife. :(

For some reason she expects me to hang out with her on our anniversary?? :rolleyes: May 22nd...

For now I'm keeping my reservations and hoping she'll come around. We'll have to see...

Pritchett was awesome last year! I got my new winch mounted...I'm still just lacking the rock sliders necessary for Rocker Knocker.

I'm running Pritchett again the first week of May as part of the Bronco Safari. But I'd like to do Moab Rim again at some point. I'm open to any other trails you guys want. Behind the rocks is fun too.

Ok, no Cliffhanger, Moab Rim and the pose point at Top of the World for Chad. . .

Wait for it. . .

Attendees - - As of 4/13

1. MoabB2 Tentative - And BTW you can't start the Moab thread and not show up...:p:
2. jrgaylor
3. Rick
4. Paul
5. Chad551
6. Bronco2guy - Out
7. Reapereviltwin - Out
8. HVAC Man
9. MRBoyle
10. John K
11. Ryan and Maranda - Tentative
12. Gary
13.Brian 1 - Tentative
14. Albino - Yea Baby! - Tentative

Hey guys, I have lots of reasons why I've moved to the Tentative category for this trip...not the least of which is my wife. :(

For some reason she expects me to hang out with her on our anniversary?? :rolleyes: May 22nd...

For now I'm keeping my reservations and hoping she'll come around. We'll have to see...

Pritchett was awesome last year! I got my new winch mounted...I'm still just lacking the rock sliders necessary for Rocker Knocker.

I'm running Pritchett again the first week of May as part of the Bronco Safari. But I'd like to do Moab Rim again at some point. I'm open to any other trails you guys want. Behind the rocks is fun too.

Really? I was thinking of bringing my son again as sort of a father son thing(like camping every other wknd isn't?) and was hoping you're kids would be there again. Also Moab rim is a favorite of mine and it's usually a short one too!

I'm still unsure where I'm camping but I'll be there for beers at the campground ;) I may be staying the week after as well. I have friends coming down the following wknd.If anyone wants to stay and do a long ride like White Rim or something I may into that too.

I did the pose on top of the world. It is just driving along an edge of a cliff where I might die if move 3 inches the wrong way, or have to make a hairpin turn up an obstacle while on the edge of a cliff :help: Top of the world was awesome though.

30 Days till I'm in Moab!!

Moab maps for Garmin 60CSx

Hi, we're gearing up for Moab 2011 :)
We have a Garmin GPS 60CSx, and have read (on an Amazon product review here) that Garmin MapSource TOPO US 24k Southwest lacks quite a bit of detail in their maps.

Edit:
Download for Utah Mapset Installer for Garmin
Utah Topo Maps

I haven't found map software that is accurate. Closest you will get is to buy or have someone send you a gps track of the trails. And as always it is only a tool. Trails move a bit over time. So it can be difficult to follow a track in an area of multiple intersections. Just remember to use it as a general reference.

I haven't been mapping for very long. And I don't spend a lot of time near Moab so I have a lot of Utah tracks but no a lot of them near Moab. I have Lockhart Basin (and Chicken Corners) and Crystal Geyser (back way to Green River).

The fun part is mapping the trails with your gps. Good luck and have a great time.

I met some of you guys last year on Prichett, and at the campground. Just a heads up We will have a big nissan event running the same week you guys will be there. www.gonemoab.com is the site. Some of the trails will be kind of crowded so you may want to check out our itinerary so there aren't any trails that are overcrowded.

If you see a tan Nissan frontier with no doors, and a dovetailed bed wave.

I met some of you guys last year on Prichett, and at the campground. Just a heads up We will have a big nissan event running the same week you guys will be there. www.gonemoab.com is the site. Some of the trails will be kind of crowded so you may want to check out our itinerary so there aren't any trails that are overcrowded.

If you see a tan Nissan frontier with no doors, and a dovetailed bed wave.

Your event is May 22nd through the 27th, 2011

We will be there the week/weekend before your event

Gotcha. I read it as 21st, and after. I'll be there early so I will probably bump into a few of you guys.

UGH.... I want to go SO bad........ but I don't think we will be able to.

Attendees - - As of 4/27

1. MoabB2 Tentative - And BTW you can't start the Moab thread and not show up...
2. jrgaylor
3. Rick
4. Paul
5. Chad551
6. Bronco2guy - Out
7. Reapereviltwin - Out
8. HVAC Man
9. MRBoyle
10. John K
11. Ryan and Maranda - Tentative
12. Gary
13. Brian 1 - Tentative
14. Shooey - Tentative

Paul
'91 Sport

Gettin' itchy!! Really looking forward to the trip:chug:

14. Shooey - Really? Or potential "click here" solicitor ? ?

Ha, I'm not much of a solicitor. I'll spend some more time on the boards and keeping up my registry. We had plans to be in the area that weekend. Maybe a "if we cross paths be sure to wave" is more appropriate, I'm not sure how you guys run big events.

EDIT:
Looking to check out up to 3+ trails.

Gettin' itchy!! Really looking forward to the trip:chug:

Want to pick up a passenger? I'll only ask to drive a few trails! I promise! :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3 weeks to go!!Im so excited I could ___!

Back