Moab 2015 - May 22-24 | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

Well at least I got the tire fixed at discount tire for free

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tandem axle blow outs. Been there.

It's common for the the spring shackles to get over centered or jammed in the frame block. Usually when the front axle is lifted air born, the forward shackle can over center ending up underneath the rocker bar. When this happens the front axle is carrying 80% of the total weight.

Quick visual check, if all's well hit the rocker pivot with some PB blaster to make sure it's not binding.

apt5_aa_500_zpsiai7jcow.jpg

The Texas crew is in New Mexico

Found this on my windshield in Lubbock when we stopped for lunch.

"Hey! Just wanted to say welcome to Lubbock! I've seen your truck on the Explorer Forum and it looks just as awesome in person! Have a safe trip!"

IMG_20150520_142628.jpg

So cool...
Thanks Willcall!

Tandem axle blow outs. Been there.

It's common for the the spring shackles to get over centered or jammed in the frame block. Usually when the front axle is lifted air born, the forward shackle can over center ending up underneath the rocker bar. When this happens the front axle is carrying 80% of the total weight.

Quick visual check, if all's well hit the rocker pivot with some PB blaster to make sure it's not binding.

apt5_aa_500_zpsiai7jcow.jpg

You know, I should have thought to look at that because it's happened on trailers at work, and I've had to correct it, never crossed my mind, that's a good idea. I'm guessing I would have caught it changing the tire so many times, but I dang sure gonna look! No problems today though.

Well the Texas crew is in for the night at a motel 6 somewhere in new mexico

Countdown is on :D Leaving in the AM:bounce:

We are heading out this morning, our eta into moab KOA is in the 4 to 5 pm time frame (moab time). Who all will be arriving tonight? Feel free to pm me for my number so anyone can contact me if needed.

We will be leaving from Tuba City in a couple hours, so I think we should be there about 4 or before.

Suicide 77 and myself have already started having a blast........saw the sunset from cliffhanger trail and ended up coming back in the dark......yesterday we hit chicken corners into Lockhart basin.....anyone gonna be here noon ish that might wanna hit an afternoon trail with us?

Gonna be leaving Hopi this evening and staying at the fire station in Tuba City. Should make it to Moab around 9am Friday...

Just got into St. George

Going to be riding bikes for a few hours.

We will be in (or near) Moab tomorrow afternoon.

Texas crew and bandit customs just arrived at Koa south of town

I see a Texas dually with a red x in tow at canyonlands....:shifty_ey

I hucked my truck and did a trail repair...Got to ace hardware in Moab and bolted it back together in the parking lot...:)

Yes we're here! In G5 tent

Texas crew...are you heading to Blue Pig or ? for dinner?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now or what time?

Back