Moab 2015 - May 22-24 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last weekend to all your rigs up to snuff!

Doing just that, I even trailered it to the car wash on the way to Robert's, the main reason? I did not want Russell getting irate with me for letting the Dr. Jack arrive in Moab dirty!!! :D

I did not want Russell getting irate with me for letting the Dr. Jack arrive in Moab dirty!!! :D

Muwahahaha that is the funniest thing I have heard all week!!

Took the Forest road method to the Overland expo. 56 miles of mud/snow bliss.

nf80 - nf239 - nf765 - nf127 - nf91 - nf219 additional miles due to downed tree detour.

The Expo itself was a mess. Courses all closed, hip waders required for walking. So we trudged around the place in the Ex astounded by the Range Rovers and the like that just could not move in mud.

IMG_20150516_160749_zps4dsok7dv.jpg

Sometime last night just about dark, the surface water got into the water system here and the water runs a hershey brown color...:(

After rain showers on and off all day yesterday it appears it may clear up today.

Today they should be holding the recovery clinics in the far back where the camping is (and Brian1)...There are vehicles and motorhomes they may not get out for a week...:)

Tmrw Brian and I will head to town to re stock and head out into the backcountry heading to Moab.

It will be nice to see everyone again and be in shorts and t shirt weather...We've had enough of the soggy bottom for a while...:D .

Well, we couldn't wait two more days so we loaded up and are leaving now, gonna go somewhere first, maybe white sands? Anybody got any other suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 172

I heard Overland Expo was a bit of a disaster. The weather cancelled most of the classes and when there was a class, everyone was jammed together for warmth. The mud in the area was super slick- not just to drive on but just walk on too.

At least it's good for the fire danger.

...If it was really that bad neither Brian, myself, or the other thousands of people who have been here for days would still be here..:D

It is kinda funny to have watched all the people leave who have thousands of dollars in equipment just to deal with inclement weather..

But we will have plenty to talk about when we get Moab....

I'm waiting to see Ritsui and everyone else's trip pictures on the way to Moab...:popcorn:

You do have a point there.

But I know I would have been miserable. I can deal with cold. I can deal with wet (to a point). But add those 2 together and combine it with wind and LOTS of water that has turned everything to mud.....

And my camping equipment isn't the best.

Don't be the last ones there. Sounds like there is a lot of recoveries going on just to get unstuck in order to leave.

...we haven't had wind and today is gorgeous...might have to do recovery on Brians rig though..

First problem

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 167

...yea...its not good to drive around with a lug wrench attached...:)

So my ranger ran into some snags and we won't be driving the ranger to Moab. We will be there in my jeep lj rubicon if anyone is still there on the 26th and wants to do a trail ride.

Took the Forest road method to the Overland expo. 56 miles of mud/snow bliss.

nf80 - nf239 - nf765 - nf127 - nf91 - nf219 additional miles due to downed tree detour.

The Expo itself was a mess. Courses all closed, hip waders required for walking. So we trudged around the place in the Ex astounded by the Range Rovers and the like that just could not move in mud.

IMG_20150516_160749_zps4dsok7dv.jpg

Thats awesome! Btw what air compressor is that???

Thats awesome! Btw what air compressor is that???

Uuuuuummmm I forget off hand, I'll re-post when I get off the lazy *&^ and go out to dig it out. Tired,, ,,spent 4 hours washing the thing today. That was some sticky thick ugly mud.

So who all is actually gonna be there? I think the list needs to be updated a bit...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

....In also..

...add Brian1 as he is sleeping in...:)

Back