Moab 2016 | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2016

Hello fellow explorers.

My name is Leroy this is my first post after three years as a member. My wife and I will arrive in Moab on the 20th and will leave the 23rd. We would like to join y'all on the trails and for dinner Saturday.

Welcome Leroy! We're happy to have you and your wife joining us! This will be the second year for Glasken and I! First year for the four others in our caravan!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Going to have to drop out due to family issues. Hope you guys have a fun trip!

Man Dan, im sorry to hear this! We will surely miss you, as there would be no other parts runner to carry the mcfarlin brothers back to town! :salute:

Man Dan, im sorry to hear this! We will surely miss you, as there would be no other parts runner to carry the mcfarlin brothers back to town! :salute:

Guess it is a good thing Mike cann't make this year. Only me, but my rig is in better shape than last year. Hopefully someone else will have the mishaps this year. :D:D

Guess it is a good thing Mike cann't make this year. Only me, but my rig is in better shape than last year. Hopefully someone else will have the mishaps this year. :D:D

HAHA, right? Oh, and i talked to kris, we do NOT have a spare 2 door driveshaft :( sorry man, we did look!

Sorry to hear that Dan, I think you're gonna miss a good one.

Oh yea, and Mike too, glad I got to meet you last year.

HAHA, right? Oh, and i talked to kris, we do NOT have a spare 2 door driveshaft :( sorry man, we did look!

Front or rear ? ? ? I've got two+ spares: a Sport OEM front and a slightly modded Sport rear as well as a slightly modded (but needs rebuild) Sport rear.

The primary spares are for me, but will offer up the re-buildable rear for literally next to nothing. . .(if it fits your application)

Paul
'91 Sport

Oh yea, and Mike too, glad I got to meet you last year.

It was great to meet and spend times of the trail with you and Cassie, Adam. BTW, I still have the stickers you gave me after the all craps I had last year, they will be going on the Jack!

Front or rear ? ? ? I've got two+ spares: a Sport OEM front and a slightly modded Sport rear as well as a slightly modded (but needs rebuild) Sport rear.

The primary spares are for me, but will offer up the re-buildable rear for literally next to nothing. . .(if it fits your application)

Paul
'91 Sport

I am looking for a ( main driveshaft) backup for my 94 sport. I have backups for all the front ones. Need one just in case the Mcfarlin luck shows up again:eek:

I am looking for a ( main driveshaft) backup for my 94 sport. I have backups for all the front ones. Need one just in case the Mcfarlin luck shows up again:eek:

I'll give you the fellow "NRA Life Member" discount, but think that the asking price of a single box of .45 cal 230 gr. FMJ is worth more than the drive shaft. . . It's been modified, not sure if it'll work with your '94 or not - - compressed eye-to-eye sits at 36.5", but yours "gratis" if you can make it work. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

I'll give you the fellow "NRA Life Member" discount, but think that the asking price of a single box of .45 cal 230 gr. FMJ is worth more than the drive shaft.

works for me -- unsure how you use - eye to eye - mine is 35 3/4 center to center of u-joints , if thats what you mean, it maybe just a bit long

I have a spare rear with a custom aluminum spacer. It will work for low speeds, but not sure about the highway.

The spacer allows for different lengths.:D Spacer is only a few inches though.

Blitz,Thank you; see ya in moab leroy

works for me -- unsure how you use - eye to eye - mine is 35 3/4 center to center of u-joints , if thats what you mean, it maybe just a bit long

Here's a few pics. . . First measurement was when it was still wrapped up for storage/transport, so included the yoke....
Drive Shaft.1.jpg

Drive Shaft.3.jpg

Yours if you want it. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

I know I'm gonna miss a good one and its killing me...but circumstances can be a cruel mistress. :(

Here's a few pics. . . First measurement was when it was still wrapped up for storage/transport, so included the yoke....
View attachment 90185
Yours if you want it. . .

That should work, I'll take it. Hopefully I will not need it , but will have one. Thanks Paul

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That should work, I'll take it. Hopefully I will not need it , but will have one. Thanks Paul

That one will need a lot of work to be useful. The jonny joint is missing and they are a PITA to work on!

Back