Glasken

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey folks,

Didn't see a thread on this yet regarding dates or an attendee list. Mods if this is a duplicate, feel free to delete.

May 20-22nd, weekend before memorial day? Who all will be attending?

Tahlia and I usually camp out on BLM land a few min from the town. What campgrounds y'all headed to?

I would also like to get an idea of what trails people are interested in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, no action on this thread since the 28th?

Hey folks,

Didn't see a thread on this yet regarding dates or an attendee list. Mods if this is a duplicate, feel free to delete.

May 20-22nd, weekend before memorial day? Who all will be attending?

Tahlia and I usually camp out on BLM land a few min from the town. What campgrounds y'all headed to?

I would also like to get an idea of what trails people are interested in.
I've heard there is no more free camping around Moab. This BLM land your talking about, is there free camping on it?

I've heard there is no more free camping around Moab. This BLM land your talking about, is there free camping on it?

All BLM land is free for dispersed camping, subject to local regulations.

https://www.blm.gov/nm/st/en/prog/recreation/recreation_activities/camping.html

However since most members of the forum opt for one of the cabin sites, it is a bit less social and the drive into town can be 20-30min.

For anyone new to the Moab experience, we usually meet at the city market at 7am, drivers meeting by 7:45, and roll out by 8am.

I expect there will be at least two groups, one for the big dogs doing the more hardcore trials in the area and one for the stock to moderately built crowd.

Our little group coming up form AZ always starts with Tower Arch to kick off our stay in Moab. After that we are open to some new things. In the two years prior we did Dome Plateau, Top of the World, Chicken Corners, Jacksons Hole, Uranium Mine. All are a fun run with a stock or lightly built rig (we did a lot of these is a stock EB 1st gen, but I would recommend at least 31s and a small lift to avoid dragging your a$$ on every little pebble around).

We would like to film some of the guys doing the more aggressive trails provided there are bypasses. Up for anything really.

Last year was my first year had a blast. Going to go again this year. hopefully do a few more trails than i did last year. In the past we use to camp out on BLM land off of willow springs road. north of moab.

I'm a maybe for Moab this year. My rig will still be small by then.

I'm a probably at this point.

We have opted to do the Kentucky run this year, since it's on the way to go see family, so it's a no go for us this year.

MOAB UPDATE:

In the interest of comfort (availability of showers and wifi...) we have reserved a pair of plots at the KOA for two nights between 19th-21st for our group coming up from Phoenix. Those joining for the weekend are welcome to make additional reservations. The remainder of the trip we will be on BLM land outside of town for the evening of the 18th and 21st.

KOA address: 3225 South Highway 191 Moab, UT 84532

If you are looking to make a reservation yourself I recommend you act quickly as they tend to fill up fast. Prices are ~70/night and charge $10/night per additional vehicle for tent spaces, more for RV and cabins.

I have this weekend off work and my vehicle is pretty well capable of making the trip from Oregon. I'm hoping I will be able to make it out this year! Wil T from Oregon.

Well, I waited too long and haven't been able to find an RV park where we can setup our camper :( Unless I find something soon, we are going to be no shows this year.

I don't know what's going on, but I've tried at least a half dozen parks with no luck:banghead:

Well, I waited too long and haven't been able to find an RV park where we can setup our camper :( Unless I find something soon, we are going to be no shows this year.

I don't know what's going on, but I've tried at least a half dozen parks with no luck:banghead:

Well there's always Moab 2018. Which I plan to make it to :D

It is looking like the family and i will be staying north of moab on blm land. The 17-21. Bringing 2 possibly 3 vehicles blows the budget out of the water.

The KOA we are staying at still had RV spots left open. Let me see...

https://koa.com/campgrounds/moab/site-type/rv-camping-sites/

Looks like there are some spots open on those dates yet.

When I type in the criteria we need for a site this is what I get:

These sites are not available for your stay. Change your dates or site details to try again. Or call for more help.

Do you want me to make reservations for Saturday night at Branding Iron? If so I'll need a head count.

It would be great if you could make the reservation at the branding iron. For our group coming up from PHX, we will have 8-10 split among 4-5 vehicles. For the rest of our intrepid forum members, can we get a callout if you are either a MAYBE or IM GOING!! and how many you are bringing with you?

If you like I can also keep checking the sites around Moab while at work. Something might open up in the wee morning hours (I work nights). If you don't mind PMing me the specs for your RV and connection requirements. If I find one that fits your needs I'd be happy to make the reservation and we can work out reimbursement later.

I am going 7 of us total

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That brings us to 17 or so.

The Bandit Customs boys wont be able to make it this year. :(

Back