Moab 2023

Paul

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Grit City, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 “Sport”
Realize this kind of "first" post on a thread usually includes a poll or a call for various possible date options, but a few wily Northwest scoundrels have already made reservations in the Moab area . . .

May 12th - 19th, 2023

Some of us are at the venerable Canyonlands Campground, others at the Spanish Trail RV Park. At this early juncture there are four of us confirmed (with 5 rigs [go figure]), with two more potential Northwest attendees. Likely be two new Broncos with us, so if you haven't seen these in the wild yet, it's worth the trip. Well, let's be serious: Moab is worth the trip. . .

Shameless promotional photo section. . .
Kane Creek Wash (MAY 21) (2).jpg

Kane Creek

Greg KANE (MAY 21).jpg

Kane Creek

Brian TOTW (MAY 21).jpg

Top of the World

Kurt - Gate (MAY 21).jpg

Hell's Gate on Hell's Revenge

Come join us!

Paul

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We'll see, depends on how either of my trucks are doing by that time! Especially depends on how much savings wise I've built back up, been pushing things paycheck to paycheck for the last few months, ain't been able to save. I'd love to though, may have a couple friends that would maybe tag along if I was able to, may be able to help me afford it as a team effort! lol

I'm interested, but one thing at a time right now. Priority one is getting the trailer in shape for travel again.

I'm interested, but one thing at a time right now. Priority one is getting the trailer in shape for travel again.
When I used my trailer more frequently, I would sell it when brakes were needed for about $400 less than a new trailer. At the time, it was a pretty easy sell.

When I used my trailer more frequently, I would sell it when brakes were needed for about $400 less than a new trailer. At the time, it was a pretty easy sell.

I only had to replace the brakes once since '99.

Just seen this! I will do my best to make this one!

Rig has been sitting way too long, and it's pilot hasn't gone anywhere, since the last Moab outing with you guys. Can't think of a better place to be, and with a great group of folk.

WHOO HOO!
Been waiting for someone to stoke the fire.

The next major upgrade is here wanting to go in

IMG_20221011_140313226.jpg

Any room for a street 'sploder, or is this strictly for the rock jocks?

Any room for a street 'sploder, or is this strictly for the rock jocks?
You're more than welcome to join us - - there's plenty to do in the Moab area: Canyonlands and Arches National Parks, Dead Horse State Park, rock climbing, mountain biking, adventure motorcycling, etc. There's a great guide to four-wheeling trails in Moab, and it lists (and rates) easy gravel or sandy roads to extreme off-camber trails, but most of the attendees that converge on Moab will be traveling on the moderate or harder trails. A UTV rental may be a good option if you want to get a flavor of what these earlier Explorers can do, but it's a slippery slope. . . a rental can lead to thousands of dollars spent to modify a first generation Explorer. . .

Paul

a rental can lead to thousands of dollars spent to modify a first generation Explorer. . .

Paul
And there is no known cure.

Case in point see my above post

. . . and BASE jumping! ! !
View attachment 436794
Near the Kane Creek Trail. . .

Paul
!!!!!!!!!!!

that said, would love to go, but cant make the dates. schools in ;) someday would absolutely love to go, however! for the folks going- take plenty of pictures!!!

You're more than welcome to join us - - there's plenty to do in the Moab area: Canyonlands and Arches National Parks, Dead Horse State Park, rock climbing, mountain biking, adventure motorcycling, etc. There's a great guide to four-wheeling trails in Moab, and it lists (and rates) easy gravel or sandy roads to extreme off-camber trails, but most of the attendees that converge on Moab will be traveling on the moderate or harder trails. A UTV rental may be a good option if you want to get a flavor of what these earlier Explorers can do, but it's a slippery slope. . . a rental can lead to thousands of dollars spent to modify a first generation Explorer. . .

Paul
Very cool. It's too far away to 100% commit, but my better half and I are looking for another excuse for a road trip and to camp out for a few days, and it would be fun to meet some of the folks here. We'll keep an eye on this thread as the date gets closer.

utah_sucks.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm curious how they can enforce that on federal BLM land, and in National Parks.:dunno:

Back