Moab, CO or Truck Haven?? 10th Anniversary Poll #2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab, CO or Truck Haven?? 10th Anniversary Poll #2

Moab, CO, CA??

• Combine and go to Moab

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • CO or bust

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • CA or bust

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
Since the Western states are so evenly split between Colorado and Truck Haven I'm going to open another poll to see if we could possibly get enough people to agree on Moab as our destination. I suggest Moab hoping to draw from both CO and CA.

Again... only vote if you plan on attending the event in the areas we are currently concerned with.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guess Ill vote for moab cause thats what Rick wants us to do :rolleyes: :D Actually any of them work just tell me where it is and I will be there.

Also what if we included some estemated dates cause that might help people make some decisions on what will work for them. Something like

Truckhaven- Martin Luther king weekend middle of January
Moab- Late April early May
Colorado- July or August

That way for example if college students want to go they dont vote for moab then find out they cant go cause they are in school when the dates are picked. When otherwise they would have voted for colorado cause they would be out of school.

I voted for Moab, but if we do it when RR said, I wouldn't be able to attend. I loved it last year, and it wasn't hot at all.
I think that the westerners should combine nonetheless though.

I think this is getting out of hand... im not voting anymore. When a destination is decided ill decide if can make it.

^^^^^^
nissanboy said:
I think this is getting out of hand... im not voting anymore. When a destination is decided ill decide if can make it.
this is just the western run. I believe the bases of two runs have been made. One at badlands, now we westerners are figuring out where we want to go.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe attica is a go.

I'm going to wait to vote, There will be a run at T-haven and Moab regarless what people vote, sence there are those runs happen each year anyway. I've wanted to go to MOab for awile now, but it depends on when it is, sense I am planning the SAS next year.

I will be at t-haven reguardless ;)

I would say Moab would be cool, but I need to know the dates to get vacation time from work. I look forward to wheelin at Truckhaven every year, but I go there several times per year anyway.

Im still going to say Moab. Thats where I would drive to again.

I would go if it were in Colorado so I voted Colorado.

nissanboy said:

Seriously - I'm from NY and went along with Indiana as a decent compromise - it's at least 1/3 of the way across the country. Hell I'll drive to Missouri or Iowa for one, big "Ten Year Run". WTF?

-Graham

I voted CO not just cuz it's more conducive... but it was not a good trip out here the last time RICK came out.... so I figure the state owes him one and I'm planning to do the next moab run regardless of it it's the 10 year or not.

Not to mention I just need more wheelin' trips to get excited and buy stuff for :D ;) :thumbsup:

Chad and Graham, read the last page of the original poll that is now closed. Attica is a go, we ARE having a run there. Now carefully read the first post of this poll - Rick is now putting up another poll to decide how to sort out the west coast run.

I kind of wanted one huge run, but it's obvious it can't happen. Rick, you mentioned "three runs" in the closed poll - does that mean that the Badlands would be a central run and you are thinking of another one on the east coast? In that case, Gajeep's suggestion of Tellico looks mighty interesting. He PM'd me; I forgot about another trail at Tellico (#8) that stockers could run. Tellico would be a doable possibility for an east coast run. It would probably come down to either Tellico or Paragon for the east.

Oh yeah, I will stay out of this poll since I live east now, but I WILL make Moab next year, so I hope you west guys agree to compromise and have it at Moab :) How was the weather last year? RockRanger makes a good point and if it needs to be scheduled earlier when school is still in session, the college guys probably need to know that.

FROADER said:
I voted CO but only because that's the only place of the three I haven't been. I can make it to T-Haven any weekend I want. I will be wherever it is we decide for this run.

I agree with you!!!!

of those choices, Mecca....

I mean Moab

I voted Colorado and would attend a Colorado event even though Badlands are much closer, unless gas skyrockets and makes the trip out West un-affordable. If that's the case, I'll head to Indiana. However, if the consensus is Moab, I'll head to Indiana. I can do 15 or so hours to Colorado (by myself), Utah is a little too far.

All of them :D

I didn't make Moab because of work this year, and I've been wanting to do CO for a few years now so I'll be there, wherever it is. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GJarrett said:
Chad and Graham, read the last page of the original poll that is now closed. Attica is a go, we ARE having a run there. Now carefully read the first post of this poll - Rick is now putting up another poll to decide how to sort out the west coast run..

I know thats cool im just not voting on something so far away... Once you pass the Rockies you might as well go anywhere out there. Hence im not voting.

They are all fun but i have been to moab so i really dont care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back