Moab, CO or Truck Haven?? 10th Anniversary Poll #2 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab, CO or Truck Haven?? 10th Anniversary Poll #2

Moab, CO, CA??

• Combine and go to Moab

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • CO or bust

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • CA or bust

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jefe said:
All of them :D

I didn't make Moab because of work this year, and I've been wanting to do CO for a few years now so I'll be there, wherever it is. ;)

"ditto"

(and subscribe)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I voted Moab. Origionally I voted CO in the other poll but the more I thought about it the more I think Moab would be the best for a few reasons. First, alot of the "base camps" for a CO run are small towns (IE Ouray, Leadville, Buena Vista/Salida) and do not have large parking lots, or many decent choices for lodging or food sometimes. Second, in alot of places the Colorado trails are spread over a large area with alot of highway driving to get to some. I love to go to CO for wheeling and I have organized/ helped organize many runs there. I think for the best showing of all sizes of Explorers Moab would be the best because there is trails for everyone, and plenty of lodging choices. Plus as 410 said it is the mecca of 4 wheeling.

GJarrett said:
It would probably come down to either Tellico or Paragon for the east.

Not to be a pest in this thread, but there is another place we haven't been to in the East yet. Windrock. Just to through another place out there for an east coast run.

Oh cool. I just used google maps to check the distance, it looks like i can make moab (even though i voted truckhaven but looks like that wont happen) I just hope nothing major happens to my truck before then

I'm not voting yet because I can't decide between Colorado or Moab, but I'd like to know exactly what HAS been decided so far.

hum well as of the time of your post it looks like the poll at the top of this thread shows 16 votes for Moab, 6 for CO and 4 for CA

Did I miss something here? :p

Willing to go to moab if you offer the platinum members the same as last year.
Pic me up in Ricks cessna citation at san jose airport, taken to the Ballaggio in vegas.
Helicoptered each day to Moab, free libations, great food and wimmens.
Moderator hottub night, mods and platinum members only on the last night, wine with a cork in the bottle, absolute oyster shooters (all you want) wimmins without breast implants, KY jelly for the guyos:) am so excited, see you there

Thanks for the email notice on this poll, I gotta spend more time with the PC...
I am totally into the 10th anniversary run...The place is not that important to me because I am going to have to log a lot of miles to get there anyways....Next spring or summer would be great and would give some of us time to squirrel away enough money to make it an extra good time.. :D

what are the dates for the run?

arsoul said:
what are the dates for the run?

No offense... but I think that hasn't been addressed.... although, it brings a good point; anyone? Are we looking at Apr to June or later?

I dont care if its Colorado or Moab so I vote for both. :D

Becker and Arsoul, If its Moab it would probably be late May or early June because of the heat. If its Colorado it would probably be after June because of the snow.
I just know I wouldn't make it all the way out to truckhaven, its 1200 miles to Moab from Dallas, but then it's only 4 hours from Aspen. :p

I voted for TH.

Moab has hot tubs already. :)

I'm not voting but i'm going to try to make it to where ever this run is. I don't want to hit Tellico again for the east coast run, but i've been itching to come out west to wheel.

Plus i've already gave my wife (who is due in april) pre warning that i'm headed out your way next year for wheeling and she didn't seem to upset with the idea, that's good!

Josh we will have to discuss splitting a ride for our trucks out there. I can tow or you can tow but i am willing to split fuel costs 50/50

JoshC said:
I don't want to hit Tellico again for the east coast run

Why would that be? :p

Ill do tellico... i aint scared.

well you miss a few days and BAM everything has changed, I would love a CO run but as Brian1 said it is kinda sparse, so my vote would be Moab!

GJarrett said:
Why would that be? :p

No reason really, i love it there. I should have reworded that to say i'd like to try another place before i went back to tellico. I have no problem with going back there though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, Moab it is for the Western States 10th Anniversary run.

Here's the date. May 13-14 2006. I have researched what's going on in town and found this to be about the only time we can get in to our favorite campgrounds and hotels.

I hope everyone who wants to go can make it on this weekend.

I will be starting a Moab 2006 thread shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back