MOAB II | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MOAB II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that most of the guys that are going to do a trail ride on Thurs. are going to do Top O' The World. You guys know that that trail is 33+ mile north of Moab?

Is anyone else running some trails closer to town?

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s
"Put the hammer down, she likes it rough!"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How about south of Moab? I was thinking about doing a pre-run of Elephant Hill if anyone wants to go with me. I heard that the back way that I was planning on taking might be snowed in (not something I want to find out on Sunday). I doubt it will be snowed in, but even with some snow I think it will be passable for explorers. If there is too much snow we can go over Elephant Hill and then come back the same way (not as high of an elevation, no chance of snow in May).

------------------
If everybody is different, how can anyone be normal?

91 Explorer XLT
4.0L OHV V6

Just did another update of the 'List'.
I believe I have everybody's arrival days and where people are staying. This way you can get in touch to make more definite plans of the trails you want to run on Thusday and Friday (Dinner Wednesday and Thursday would be good for that I think). If I missed anybody, sorry, there were a lot of messages to wade through.
This will be the last update. I'll be busy tomorrow. My son-in-law has reconstructive knee surgery scheduled in the morning and I need to get packed for Moab.
See you all there.

------------------
Peter
'99 Sport 4wd SOHC

Intinerary:
Arriving Thursday evening.
Friday: Wheelin (or just taking it easy) and dinner
Saturday: Wheelin and dinner
Sunday: Wheelin and dinner
Monday: heading north early in the AM.

See you all in a couple days Dead Link Removed

Tom: I have 33 people (including you) on the list for Friday nights dinner. That includes friends and spouses, but not FOMOCO reps.

Dinner on Friday is at 6:30pm MOAB time.

Peter: You have the meeting time on Friday morning as 7:00. Shouldn't that be 9:00 or some other later hour?

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 05-01-2000).]

Rick:
I believe Matt suggested that time in his original post and I left it at that. I kind of doubt that a lot of people will be in that parking lot at 7am, but as I said that's what was suggested and I just picked up the info and tried to organize it a little.
If you want to make it later, that's fine with me. How about 9am.
I want to get out to Dead Horse state park by sunrise and 9 would give me time to get back.

------------------
Peter
'99 Sport 4wd SOHC

I just updated the list of a planned activities by the various participants.

Let me clarify what I'm trying to do.

I thought this list would give everybody a
chance to see what other people are planning and maybe hook up with somebody to go on a trail they're interested in before or after the 'official' Saturday and Sunday runs. That's all.
All I did was go thru the postings on the website. If your not on this list, it simply means I haven't found a posting from you.
Rick is keeping track of the sign-up list.

------------------
Peter
'99 Sport 4wd SOHC

Guess I missed posting our schedule, so here it is.

Sarah and I will arrive Thursday afternoon and once settled will look up folks ar Silver Sage

Thursday night:

Dinner with whomever we find

Friday:

Run with the 2-3 group

Dinner with group at Fat City

Saturday:

Run with 2-3 group

Dinner with group (Ford)

Sunday:

Run - 2-3 group if available, else on our own.

Monday -

Head out towards home

Sarah & Gerry
Ft Collins, Co
99 XLT - Stocker

Guess we should post an itinerary too!

LV Orange Co.: 10:00, Thu, 05-04
ARR Moab : 10:00 +- Fri, 05-05

Lv Moab : Mon AM, (or Tues. AM)

Lodging: Silver Sage Rm# 113

Travel Comm: 11M: CH-01
2M: 146.520 mHz
1.25M: 223.500 mHz

Rick, and any other Hams on the trip, my repeater travel guide lists a "Moab" repeater on 146.760 (-), no sub-aud. Does anyone know about coverage, on duty control ops. etc.? might be useful for emergencies.

Just got the front locker all up and running so we've now got ARB's on both axles.we're

Hope we're included in the dinner reservations for Fri, Sat and Sun nites.

Seem you all there,

Ray and Debby Hutchinson, aka "Packrat"

------------------

I just wanted to let you know what dinners I will be making.

I will be roughing it(Cooking at the campsite) for all the nights except the Ford dinner. That is, unless we are having meetings about the run at dinner.

At the Ford dinner it will be me, the Ford tech, and Ryan M.
------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

[This message has been edited by HIX (edited 05-02-2000).]

Only 46 hours until I leave.
M Dead Link Removed A B M Dead Link Removed A B M Dead Link Removed A B M Dead Link Removed A B M Dead Link Removed A B

[This message has been edited by Dignan (edited 05-02-2000).]

Gerald, I have a multi battery charger that works on all video cams and sharp is included in this one that plugs into your lighter and charges while you are driving. If this will work for you I will bring it along, since my video cam is not working also right now. I bought this charger for that purpose.

Rick has left the building! Dead Link Removed

Aaaaah! Peace and quiet for 3 whole days. Dead Link Removed

See you all soon! MOAB, MOAB, MOAB, MOAB

------------------
Char
93 Modified Exploder, Co-owner (passenger)& The Better (other) Half
I may be CRAZY (she is),.... BUT I'm not insane!(well...)

Think for yourself ...... Sheep end up dead!

I'll be on the road myself first thing in the morning, and I'm starting to get a little anxious. It's going to be nice to meet everyone, and see all the sights that Moab has to offer. I can't wait to really test the capabilities (within reason) of my Explorer. It's gonna be great.

I got everything packed, got the house in order, picked up my new glasses so I will be able to see (which may not be a good thing), got the Honda charged up and running, so it looks like all my ducks are in a row. I know I'll remember something after I'm about 3 hours from home. Dead Link Removed

Hix, I'm not bringing the grill unless you think we need it. I'm probably only camping saturday, and I won't be having dinner at the campground, though I may opt for some bacon and eggs in the morning. I like big breakfasts. My list of things to bring would have fit nicely in an Expidition, but I only have a 2 door Explorer, so I had to trim it a little. Dead Link Removed

Forgive me if I'm yammering on here, but I finally feel the excitment. It's gonna take a little scotch to get to sleep tonight.

------------------
Tom
99 Sport 4x4
SOHC
Auburn Rear & Gerald's old Shackles
265/75-R16 BFG AT's that weren't supposed to fit

Paul,
THANKS! Please bring the videocam recharger.

Less than twelve hours and I am GONE.....

------------------
Gerald
"Nerves of Steel; Brain of Chipmunk"
'99 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4.0L SOHC aka "The Jeepeater"
Dead Link Removed
"What the heck is he doing out here in that thing???"

Well, we have a change of plans. Don't Panic!
Rick had to change hotels because we couldn't access the Internet from our room.
I have to be able to get on line because I'm working on my Masters Degree and I have to do research and chat with my group while on my mini vacation.
Rick needs access in case the server goes down and he needs to call the ISP and get it running again. He also needs to check his email. You know it's an addiction!

We are staying at the
Ramada Inn
182 South Main Street
Telephone: (435) 259-7141
Don't know the room # yet.
Rick is at the Silver Sage tonight.

------------------
Char
93 Modified Exploder, Co-owner (passenger)& The Better (other) Half
I may be CRAZY (she is),.... BUT I'm not insane!(well...)

Think for yourself ...... Sheep end up dead!

Tom,
Don't worry about the grill I have two coleman camp stoves so we're OK.

Here is some info on camping and the campfire. I reserved the back portion of the campsite. You enter the campground w/ lions back on the right. Follow the edge of lions back up a small sand hill. After you crest the hill you will see my tents an stuff. That whole area is ours. If We are not there then we will be right inside the entrance.

Camping per night is $7

The owner wants to charge a per vehicle amount for all those coming into the campsite for the campfire. She said 3 bucks a truck and that includes use of the shower and access to do Lion's Back for all of Saturday. It's an insurance thing. I am tring to talk her into a group rate. We'll see.

If worse comes to worse I know a great trail that comes into the back of the campground to our site that I have used many times to sneak in.

If anyone else(unofficially) is coming and plans to camp w/ us please email me by 2pm wed w/ the dates and the # of trucks so I can make sure we save enough room. jhix@lycosmail.com
Or if you miss the deadline just call me in moab at 720-933-9734 or 303-916-4690

See you all there!

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

climbnkd, I'm not sure if I can go at 3:00. If my friend can go, then I have to wait until 8:00. If my friend can't go then I want to go at about 11:00 or Noon so that I can pre-run Elephant Hill. If you can leave at either of these times, then let me know. If not, then I'll see ya in Moab.

I'm outta here!
I will see all ya'll in Mohab. Count me in for the Thursday runs if you still got room.

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick, as far as Ford coming with any of us on Friday, doesn't bother me just as long as we still get to do what we had schedule to do for that day. For me the Kane Creek run.
By the way, my front coils just came in this morning. Dead Link Removed There was a good chance that I was going to cancel this trip because of them not being here. Darien got most of the truck back together again last nite, and we picked up the trailer this afternoon, so hopefully we will be hitting the road shortly after midnite. Dead Link Removed Hope to see everyone there tommorrow afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back