model year swap part list? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

model year swap part list?

is there anywhere a list of parts that can be swapped in between the generations and what are the generations.
like a 2001 sport looks like a 2003
but a 2001 4 dr looks like my 95 is the 2001 sport unique?
can i swap a spoirt front clip from an 01 to a 95?
is there anywhere a list of HOT SWAPS?
even including rangers years etc.
i have been going back through the pages and se thread after thread of?'s about parts swapping between years etc.
even for seats will 2003 seats go in a gen2 or gen 1?

Many parts will swap from the Bronco II all the way to the late Sport models. That would be a long list, just post what you are curious about, or search.

I have a 91 door on my 99 Limited, a 95-97 rear wiper motor and tail lights, etc. I bought a 2003 Sport hatch glass and wiring for my 98 Mountaineer. Good luck,

i was thinking more along the lines of bumpers seats and grilles, maybe mirrors..
i was just thinking that these things are the items mostly swapped by x owners since i saw a bunch of threads asking for the same thing..

The 91-01 mirrors will swap. The bumpers are different from 91-94, versus 95-01's. The bumper swaps need the inner bumper supports to match. (7/98 had a change in header panels, so the grilles need the correct header panel. Other than 91's, the seats swap through years, Sport rear seats are different than 4dr. models.

fender swap

I was thinking of getting Fiberglass fenders for my 95 4dr, 4x4... but then in look i saw the E.B. version has a larger lip on the fender. Anyone think i'd be able to put the E.B. Fenders on my X and that might even increase the room for larger tires?

Back