modified inspection

Four0Sport

Jack from JackOffRoad
Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2dr
well i went in to get a modified inspection today, in accordance to WV state law. I had been driving around for months w/out it bc i was confused about the law regarding bumper heights and lifts.

the shop i took it to is one we deal with at work and they let me in the bay while they had one of their more experienced mechanics look the truck over, and did he. when a mechanic grabs a flashlight at noon to look under your truck you know hes thorough. he apparently has dealt with ttb lifts b4 bc he was starting to show me where most drop brackets crack when i butted in and pointed them out myself and told him why i chose welded brackets over stamped. he was impressed. we talked about the rear and about a SOA swap, pulled the wheels and checked the brakes and had a good discussion on under/over torquing hubs nuts and seating wheel bearings. its nice talking to a mechanic who has worked on vehicles like your own, its getting more rare these days.

when it was all said and done the only thing other than rocker cancer that he found was a tiny wet spot on one of the rear brake springs from the wheel cylinder. I in no way call myself a mechanic, so its nice to know that all the work i put into my truck was done right by having someone more experienced look over everything. this years wv inspection sticker is yellow.. so i have a 4 inch high yellow sticker in the corner of my windshield, thank god they dont use pink.

Back