Mojave Road and Death Valley, March 2011 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mojave Road and Death Valley, March 2011

I assume you mean on the 30th?

I was planning on staying in DV most of the day, staying the night in Barstow or BullHead City or ???, and heading home Thursday morning. Subject to change, of course.

We'll be at the south of DV, so we can plan to be somewhere where it is easy for you to leave when you need to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Truck is loaded!

The truck is loaded (more so than in this picture) - I need to finish packing clothes, and I'm ready to go!

See everybody in a couple of days!

Attachments

• IMG_1169.JPG
    IMG_1169.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 534

The 23rd, after the Mojave Rd. Im not going to make the DV portion.

I'm planning on staying in Barstow Wednesday evening (and dining at In-N-Out), so I think we'll be on the trail most of the day.

Well as I sit here in Richmond VA, I just found out that I will be out'a Sat. Red eye to Vegas and like last year, I will in Needles with my boys. I will try to stop by the Avi to visit for a bit with you guys maybe ride up to the '95.

I have been here for two months otherwise, I would ride the ride with you, just not enough time to put stuff together. I have been JONES big time to get back to my EX!

Two months of rental cars will drive you crazy. I am so sick of walking the parking lot for 20 minutes to find some car that looks like every other car! Sorry had to vent!

Come on out.. We will be in DV for aweek and a 1/2...;)
Posted via Mobile Device

You know what the fastest car in the world is, don't you?

A rental!

Yeah that DV thing has really got me thinking. I have never beeen there and it's close. I wish I would have known I was leaving so soon I could have planned a little.

The old girl needs a little work for me to make Moab this year so we'll have to see how that all works out.

..I'm hoping to get a few things done before the trip but I'm not leaving home till I get the dual batteries hooked up...

...I will either be up Sunday night preferred or, I'll leave from home and drive straight to Bullhead early Monday a.m...;)

...I got a call from ScottB this evening..

...He left home this eve and is officially on his way...Weather here is calling for rain starting tomorrow with the heaviest Sunday night...

...Reports are also saying small amounts of radiation from Japan has made it's way to California...

..This run could be named the "Radioactive Tour"..:p:

...radiation from Japan has made it's way to California...

And we're headed to a vast, largely unihabited desert, bordering countless secret government test sites.

What could possibly go wrong?

...:scratch:...Local travel weather for today is now calling the possible rain a storm with 2-8" of rain, wind, and possible 2' of snow in the mountains with more weather on Wednesday and the following weekend...:bounce:

..We survived the possible Earthquakes and Tsunami's of last nights "Super Moon" so we have nothing left to worry about...If the World's going to end I want to be in the middle of nowhere wheeling with some friend's...:biggthump
http://www.azcentral.com/video/834017830001

http://expressbuzz.com/cities/bangalore/myths-on-‘super-moon’-dispelled/258045.html

...I'm still trying to get some projects wired up on my truck and it's not looking favorable this morning...I'm going to try and head out around noon and get my tent set up at the Dam before it get's to bad tonight..:D

...Waiting for ScottB and Brian1 to post up...:popcorn:

...I just got a call from ScottB and he is in New Mexico on his way...He said Brian1 and his Dad have also hit the road this morning...

...Drive safe all and see you up there soon...:burnout:

We just finished packing up the car and will be heading out in the next hour. It just started snowing here :thumbsup:

We'll check in here and by phone when we get to Arizona.

ive arrived at the dam.. SCOTTB IS ABOUT 3 1/2 hours out...
Posted via Mobile Device

Rachel and I took Route 66 most of the way. It was crazy windy in some places, so we took it slow but we still arrived at Avi early (around 3pm). We'll see everyone about 100 yards from here in the AM :wavey:

Attachments

• route66-0.jpg
    route66-0.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 392
  • route66-1.jpg
    route66-1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 400
  • route66-2.jpg
    route66-2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 366

will try to update when we have service... Wednesday should be next best time.. Ritsui, it was freezing and nasty from below your house all the way to needles.. Bullhead is just now getting a slight breeze with overcast skies all day and they say it's cold, upper 60's...
Posted via Mobile Device

...Ok..since Ritsui already started posting pictures, I guess I can too..:p:

..After I got pass Stoddard Valley the rain quit but the freezing wind kept on...I first stopped in Barstow and the Mojave Preserve information center and forgot they were closed because it's Sunday..:rolleyes:
DV_Mojave_11_015.jpg

..This pic is looking up toward the area we will be or the next two days..Notice the wind is pushing the plants over...
DV_Mojave_11_019.jpg

...This is my tstat for the fridge...The bottom number shows 27*F and that is on setting #2 of 5...I need to turn tht puppy down..:D
DV_Mojave_11_018.jpg

...This is just a pic of my GPS as I was driving on the State line...One side is Cali and the other side is Ariz...I thought it was interesting..:dunno:
DV_Mojave_11_020.jpg

...As I get into Bullhead City I hit the gas station and who should pull up the same time I did...It's ScottB's Dadin his Ranger..
DV_Mojave_11_021.jpg

...I get over to the Davis Dam on the Colorado River and this is what is left to unpack after I pulled my sleeping gear out and got it set up..
DV_Mojave_11_025.jpg

...This is my nearest neighbors..
DV_Mojave_11_023.jpg

...Heres some pics of the Tbars base camp while the other guys are staying in Motels/Hotels..:p:
DV_Mojave_11_027.jpg

DV_Mojave_11_028.jpg

DV_Mojave_11_026.jpg

DV_Mojave_11_024.jpg

...That should hold everyone over till Wednesday...Rumor has it another Ranger will be showing up tomorrow all the way from New York..:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back