• Register Today It's free!

Money like whoa

HotCtyPlaya

Reaction score
City, State
Jamesburg, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Durango SLT
OK...so I look around and the first price I get for install MINUS the engine and the tranny and he says base of 1000 then depending on mods needed prolly get me up to 1500....this is for a V8 5.0 and AOD or AODe tranny into a 92 Explorer....price wise is that about right...

Either way I don't think I'll get him to do it...pretty sure I can find someone to do it for a bit cheaper that would prolly include me getting to learn and all that jazz....

Suggestions...and if you say I should do it myself you should come on down and help me out lol...cause no matter what ya say this can't be easy....

That's just a labor charge? No parts, wires, bolts, etc?

If I were paying someone I'd see if they have any experience doing this kind of thing. Last thing you want is a poor quality swap or someone who quits 1/2 way through the project.

Break it down to exactly what tasks they will do. Such as R&R engine, transmission, electrical harnesses, exhaust, cooling system, a/c, etc. Try to break it down to hours and then add everything up and muliply by how much they charge per hour.

I'd help u out if you were around here.

Back