Moonroof noise - seal | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I don't believe that wind noises from the moonroof with it closed are a very common issue. Have you checked from the outside to ensure that the front section is fully closed/sealed?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just for the sake of comparison,

My 2020 Platinum Explorer spent 90 days in the shop out of a total of two years. In all that time I never had an issue with my dealer, they returned my calls and emails and went out of their way to be cooperative. Larry Miller in Mesa, AZ had a loaner for me every time, even during the pandemic when vehicles have been hard to get.

Despite that, I had finally had it. I traded the Explorer for a smaller Lincoln Corsair. I enjoy driving the machine but it's too small. I just can't get used to it. The only issue I've had involves the dealer, not the car. It took me nearly three months to get the 40,000 points that were supposed to be awarded at sale time. I finally involved Ford's customer service at corporate and filled out one of Ford's surveys. It worked but the childish backlash from the dealer was unbelievable. Clearly, they only want positive feedback.

I've decided to upgrade my Corsair to the Nautilus but I'll have to find another dealer. My Lincoln sales rep says his sales manager won't sell me another car and referred me to another dealer. It must be his way of getting even though I don't how shooting yourself in the foot is a very effective response.

Time to move on.

Hope you have better luck with the Nautilus Steve. I test drove one before settling on the Aviator. I was pleasantly surprised by the get up and go of the 2.0L engine. It is being discontinued next year. I've also been checking them out. I have 20 months left on my Aviator lease but the dealer usually likes to get my leased vehicle back early due to the extremely low mileage.

Peter

Ok so mine... The bug screen is sticking up /caught... WTF?
20220309_154942.jpg

So I was able to open the roof a little, then grabbed the screening, folded it under like it should be, reclosed it and screen under like it should be. Something to watch/know/be aware of....

How hard a fight was this to get warrantied? The seal on my 2020 is also bad, I'm 4 days out of the 3yr/36K, and being told the premiumcare does not cover the part needed to "fix" the issue. The pat being the glass (78500A18), because the seal is not availabe seperatly.

Back