More ethanol....nice :( | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

More ethanol....nice :(

More like:

Thats funny. I thought I was just thinking that, I didnt realize I typed it in. :D
Today Im converting the Explorer to Nuclear power. If anyone has any extra plutonium laying around let me know. I dont see what could possibly go wrong. :)

Just drill locally, don't be scard of treehuggers...

Menwhile, research for finding hydrogen safe storage sollutions. Then we can use atomic energy to make hydrogen and our hydrogen cars will be exhausing water.

Where are we going to store all of the extra nuclear waste? People want nuclear power but don't want the waste stored anywhere near them, and a lot of areas won't even let it pass through on a train or truck.

Self-sinking capsules into Earth radioactive mantle. Nobody googles anymore?
NUCLEAR WASTE: Ausubel cites Russian and British research into “self-sinking balls” of nuclear waste with shells most likely made of tungsten and heated by their radioactive contents to the point where, once disposed of in deep holes in the Earth’s crust, they would melt the surrounding lithosphere and bury themselves several miles deep. “Nuclear waste is hot and heavy,” he says. “The idea of self-sinking capsules takes the heat and gravity as positive attributes. The idea is quite straightforward.”
While the capsules remain theoretical for now, Michael Ojovan, an engineer at the University of Sheffield in England who has published extensively on the concept, says that in addition to removing waste, acoustic monitoring of the capsules could reveal data about the structure of the Earth’s interior. “The [scientific] importance of launching such a capsule is on the order of an expedition to Mars,” he says

Back