• Register Today It's free!

More exhaust questions

roughrider17

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac
so after my last post, im stuck between the dynomax superturbo and dynomax ultra flo welded. I am afraid with the ultra flo it will be too loud in the cabin but the superturbo won't be loud enough for my taste. I've done a lot of research on here and YouTube and that is what led me to these two choices. I just want to know if anyone has the ultra flo is it too loud ?
Along with this i called my local exhaust shops and they said just to swap out my old muffler with new it was a base of 150 bucks which i think is ridiculous so im going to do it myself.
I want to know what type of clamps people have used ? And is there any type of secondary sealers i will need to keep the pipes together ?

Thanks in advance,
Roughrider

I sawed my old muffler off slid the new one on with a pipe adapter that I slid over the joint and put a **** load of some exhaust putty in any gaps then used clamps and clamped both ends of the pipe adapter and put some more exhaust putty on I let it dry for a full 24 hours before turning it on and if no leaks do the same to the tail pipe side...my advice is to know for sure what size your pipes are if you are gonna use pipe adapters or clamps I had to buy a bunch of different size adapters because the ones at advanced auto are definitely not EXACT sizes if you can use band clamps not the c clamps they suck

I haven't tried the dynomax, but I got a Jones Max Flow muffler sounds just like a Magnaflow but cheaper, its 409 stainless, and also outflows a magnaflow muffler in cfm, it was cheap at only 40 shipped, so I went for it.

Back