More Glass Roll Pans Info Here... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

More Glass Roll Pans Info Here...

Originally posted by Black Magic
Well, I started tonight. The Bumper is off. the frame is cut, with Sawals Al, and the Roll Pan is taking form.

I looked at my truck for the last time with a bumper.

I am so stoked!

And u had the digicam rite by yer side the whole time right?
Gotta document the whole process!. Im stoked.. and Im in for one when they become available.. Just gotta save up the cash. but i definatly want one.

BTW, Thanks for doing this for all us street explorer owners.. U rawk!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I got it almost done. I just have to even out the sides and then Glass to make the mold and it is done.

Here is a pic from when I left tonight!

DSC02809.jpg

Good lord that thing is huge!

looks like it needs a crack right down the center! (plumbers would understand that one best)

whats the status on these?

I'm impressed!:cool:
It looks very clean...I just which I had the skills or and knowlege to fab like that...

It needs to lose weight at the bottom, like a 4-6 inches. Plus the sides needs to be a little squarish. Otherwise, I think it looks fine from the back.

Yea, we need a side shot, BM.

Any update on these?

-Lloyd

anything???

I have the "plug" sanded out to 1000. I will wax and buff it tonight. Hopefully I can get the mold done tonight too. Then be able to start making them this weekend.

i happy to hear from you, sir :)

any updated pics of your x and the bumper?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also an update...

I have the plug all buffed out and 5 coats of Kantstick Wax. We tried to spray the Gel coat last night but over catalyzed and clogged up the two spray guys. So We will have to complete the mold tonight. I was hoping to have at least a gel coat finish for Tomorrow. Going to the track again with FTW.com. I guess I will be racing with out a bumper! LOL

Back