More Glass Roll Pans Info Here... | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

More Glass Roll Pans Info Here...

That's what I wanted to hear!!:D :D I'll be on the list for that one when you get it done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any 2 doors with fender flares that you have so you can modify the mold?

sweet! keep up the awesome work man

sweet work Matt!! If I could somehow get a swing away tire carrier onto one of those, I would for sure get one too. But since that won't happen, I will have to wait for my next X to get one. I"m excited to see the finished product though.

Pan update...

Last night I sprayed the Gel coat, and hand laid the first layer of fiberglass. I wanted to let it kick good and hard and then lay the rest tomorrow night, (I have plans for tonight). Then I can pull the first roll pan and see how everything turns out.

I am staring to get pumped!

Damn it is terrible to sit here and watch something you want so bad be made for a another year lol...can't wait till the first gen rollpan is in production...im goin nuts...

so I dont know if this thread has been moved or what... but it has been a while.... UPDATES!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

I was just about to post updates. I just updated my page...

Here are a few key pictures...

Here is the mold all waxed up and ready:

DSC03039.jpg

Laying the 1st pan in the mold:

DSC03042.jpg

The mold is poped out and here are a couple pics...

DSC03049.jpg

DSC03050.jpg

DSC03051.jpg

Here it is test fitted on the truck. We are laying them with black gel coat for a couple of reasons, one of them is that it will not stick out as bad as Red, Orange or White on most trucks if you get a scratch on your paint.

I am still doing a little more grinding to get the sides just right. Then we will be able to make a template to use and cut the rest with a router and make them fit just right.

DSC03061.jpg

DSC03064.jpg

DSC03066.jpg

DSC03074.jpg

DSC03081.jpg

Okay... THAT looks good! Very very nice, BM! How much longer before it'll be available to the masses?

Shapin up nicely!

drool.....

BM, are you sure you dont want another 1st gen test vehicle? i am willing to drive all the way up to you just so i can be near it! haha, anyway, count me in def. if i have to, ill sell a kidney for these roll pans. plus, i like the idea of the plate box being off set to one side, though, if possible (pretty please) i would like to have it on the left like this :
\_l___l_______/
because i think you said you would have to do those kind first, and then do the center ones. but i am defiantly on the list for one....sign me up, please!
but what ever you do will be absolutly fantastic.

this is to much i am seriously.....just going to cry...why am i so damn emotional...oh man...

i need a price so i can put the money somewhere so i can't touch it...i will worry about touching it when i need to later....but i just need this rollpan man...this is so nice...im in love...(the roll pan not you BM)

look's real nice..and i would get one..but i have been rearended WAY toomany times to even think about it...lol

Originally posted by HotCtyPlaya
this is to much i am seriously.....just going to cry...why am i so damn emotional...oh man...

i need a price so i can put the money somewhere so i can't touch it...i will worry about touching it when i need to later....but i just need this rollpan man...this is so nice...im in love...(the roll pan not you BM)

So HotCtyPlaya, tell us how you REALLY feel.

I can't explain it its such a mixture of happiness and just pure excitement....i think i am getting in touch with my emotional side.....lol :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back