• Register Today It's free!

More Info on Warrior Shackles??

B-MAN

Reaction score
City, State
Chico,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 EB
I've been reading a lot of the posts but I can't quite pull out all the details on the warrior shackles and coil spacer lift setup. I have a 93 EB and want to run 32X1250 or 1150. I am going to do the 3in body but the shackle setup sounds like a good thing to do also. How much are the shackles(part # where to get em) and what kind of spacers(how much $ ) It sounds like a cheap way to get an inch or two?? Does it work well? I basically want all the details that you guys can dig up.

Thanx guys this site rocks!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any of you guys have the warrior shackles or spacers??

B-Man, I can't help on the spacers, but maybe you're not getting replies on the Warriors since all that info has been posted dozens/hundreds of times. The part # is 153 and Desert Rat is one place you can get them, though any 4x4 shop that carries Warrior stuff can order them for you, about $45.

If you will use the "search" feature you can find everything you need. I just put in "warrior shackle" and got 282 hits/previous threads. I also put in "warrior" and just had it search in the subject heading only and still got a few dozen hits where it was in the subject. I also searched for "warrior" and my user name "gjarrett" and got 88 hits, which is why I waited all weekend to see if someone else would help you first, since sometimes it gets old saying the same thing over and over and over. Since no one did, I am glad to help now; but would rather teach you to use the search feature so you can help yourself better without having to depend on others to reply. It's a lot easier for you too once you get used to it.

Try the search out. There's more than enough info out there. You have to search for any date, not just the ones in the last few days.

Hope that helped.

[Edited by GJarrett on 01-07-2001 at 04:10 PM]

Thanks alot i'll be sure to search for it. Thanks Gjarrett once again

well

BMAN

From what I hear, youd be better of to get the 2" body lift since there seems to be a consensus on here that the 2" requires little to no modifications while the 3" does....major headache difference...

THEN use the warrior shackles & add-a-leaf in the rear, and lift coils and/or coil spacers in the front, and you can have close to 4" of total lift for cheap..and run 33s no prob..I think

Anime that sounds like a good idea thanks. Why do think that one more inch would cause so much more problems.(3" over the 2") I don't quite get how it could be anything a few mods wouldn't fix. AKA brake lines bumper brackets...
I guess I 'll check out hte two inch body but where can i get lift coils that won't make me need new radius arms and all the other stuff. Wont new coils mess up all the stock front susp stuff? Just curious. Thanks for the good ideas hope to hear back .

well

There was a thread on the comparision of the 2" and 3" body lift..do a search on that too..even just browsing every thread on body lifts will help out out alot. I think the bumper bracket thing was a big part too...the 2" lift looked ok with the bumpers as they were..the 3" made it...ugly?

You can get a 1.5"-2" kit from superlift with longer coils for the front and an add-a-leaf in the rear...or james duff makes a whole kit for 2.5" with coils, shackles, add-a-leaf, and even drop brackets for the stock radius arms. You can also add the warrior shackles (part# WAR153) to any mod for an extra 1-3" in the rear depending on your application.

You can use a 2" body lift with any of these..add your choice of tires and you are set. If you know what tires you definitely want, ask around..chances are if youre going with BFG or popular tires, you'll find quite a few ppl on here with 93s who are running them and you can get a few different lift ideas.

I think with the 3 inch body lift you end up with bind in the steering wheel that you dont get with the 2 inch body lift. The sterring bind is then pretty hard to eradicate inexpensively.

Hey guys, I have the 3" body lift, No problems. You can see pics in the modified column. Some explorers with a three inch lift do get a bind in the steering, This is caused by the intermediate steering shaft. I had the binding at first, to fix it all you do is,"here we go with the Dremel again" Where the u joints on the intermediate shaft couple, Both upper and lower, you have to grind of a very small amount of material off at the base of the "u", not even a 1/8th on an inch. This then frees up the steering. No more probs. As for the bumpers, when you order the kit they should have the brackets for the front bumper supplied, The rear brackets you can make your self by using the front ones as a template on 1/4" steel. Or who knows maybe when you order the kit They'll throw in an extra set for a couple of bucks.
Hope this helps, need More info I'll be glad to help.
Good luck

Back