More NA power coming! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ntrain

Reaction score
City, State
East, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Something big is coming that I'll share with the group when complete. It will apply to the NA 3.5 as well as the 3.7. Should be able to post results in a few weeks.

Will be a fairly easy bolt on and will reveal it all after I have completed the addition and done the testing.

It will include before and after results.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Something big is coming that I'll share with the group when complete. It will apply to the NA 3.5 as well as the 3.7. Should be able to post results in a few weeks.

Will be a fairly easy bolt on and will reveal it all after I have completed the addition and done the testing.

Let me know. I would love to buy it. Does it interfere with a cold air intake or custom tune on the 3.5 NA?

Let me know. I would love to buy it. Does it interfere with a cold air intake or custom tune on the 3.5 NA?

Nope.

May want to get the tune tweaked for it down the road.

Turbo?

I'll guess bigger throttle body from a different model

E85?

They are physical bolt on parts.

All will be revealed when completed along with step by step install instructions as well as results from testing.

They are physical bolt on parts.

All will be revealed when completed along with step by step install instructions as well as results from testing.
Well thats nice! Too bad you wont give us any other info! LOL.

Flux Capacitor?

Seems odd to post about something “big” upcoming, but not wiling to give any details. Why not just wait until it’s actually proven, and you’re willing to share the information? I’m assuming gains will be very modest if it doesn’t require a tune.

I’d guess low PSI blower but even that would be fairly silly without a tune.

It's something that has already been proven on another platform. I'm working with the vendor to bring it to us.

Waiting for more information.

Tagged for more info. I think I've maxed out the tuning aspect of my N/A 3.5 Explorer. Not much more to do.

I hope it is not exhaust, headers, cold air intake, or throttle body since we're not exactly flowing a lot of air mass (about 28-29 lb/min) , and it is easy to use MBT spark so that's pretty much maxed out.

Some teaser pics of what's in process that should clue most in on what it is.

9DDXDjM

YVBDcUw

XfxsZRi

evtj8Nm

fE4wBcy

IoScgsu

PEhlZ8u

P09JxuK

FyCGsTL

VNN1GyN

gGQRxFQ

ib1SmpD

XsbWmb8

LfXdlW1

LyYaQfN

In case the pictures are not showing up for some:

Imgur

Imgur

Finished pics. Optional heat shielding added as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, what's the performance increase?

Back