• Register Today It's free!

More power window issues

Masterd

Reaction score
City, State
Upland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer Sport
Ever since I rebushed my passenger side window motor, everything has been working fine, until the other day when I noticed that when rolling the window down, if I held the switch down, it sounded like the motor was jumping teeth.

It still rolls up and down fine, but I'm not sure why its making this noise and jumping teeth. I checked the torque on the bolts and it was fine.....I did cover the gears on the motor with lithium grease before I put it back in....could this be the issue?

Might want to make sure it's in the window track, and also installed onto the door correctly as well.

You said you replaced the bushings inside the motor?

Ever since I rebushed my passenger side window motor, everything has been working fine, until the other day when I noticed that when rolling the window down, if I held the switch down, it sounded like the motor was jumping teeth.

It still rolls up and down fine, but I'm not sure why its making this noise and jumping teeth. I checked the torque on the bolts and it was fine.....I did cover the gears on the motor with lithium grease before I put it back in....could this be the issue?

Hi,
I have a 1994 Explorer sport and the passenger side window will not go up or down. I can hear the motor going but the windo just sits there! Is it dificult to take the door panel off? Do you know where I might be able to find on-line some instructions for removing the door side panel. I always have problems when I attempt to do anything with body panel parts!! I can handle the engine but keep me away from the dash!!
Than ks
Steve

Back