Morning Person?? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Morning Person??

How do you wake up in the morning?

• Instantly on and ready to go

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Drag for a while

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Can't get going at all without caffeine

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Do you wake up in the morning ready to go and instantly "on" or do you drag for quite a long time?

I am up like instantly. My wife is the exact opposite. You can hardly talk to her until she's been up for a half an hour!

So which is it for you?

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
I'm not much of a morning person, but I still have to get up. My son wakes up early, and I'm a light sleeper. If I don't get waken up from him, I get noise from the constant construction from the house next to me. They start working between 7-8, and use every power tool ever created by man! The telephone keeps ringing too. Gardeners use lawn mowers. I hear jack hammers breaking cement on the block behind my house. School buses keep ringing their horns as well as car services, and other people ringing their horns at them. The garbage trucks even come by before 7 on Saturday with their noisy air brakes to collect garbage from across the street. They don't pick up from my side until about 11, or 12 in the afternoon. When they have special pick up, or leaf pick up, they come by on Saturday, or Sunday night about 2 AM. Last but not least are the car, and house alarms. Some are the talking ones. You could forget about taking a nap on the weekends too, since the neighbor's kids are home from school then, and play all day in the back yard, and driveway.

<

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
I instantly wake up. But it's not in the morning. :D Usually around 10:30.

<

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
LOL!

What do you expect you live in Brooklyn. If you want peace and quiet you have to put up with the killer bees, rattlesnakes etc;)

I couldn't help, but thing about Joe Peschi (sp?) in My Cousin Vinnie when you told that story. He couldn't sleep in the boondocks, cause it was too quiet. Once they threw him in jail for contempt of court he slept like a baby... All the sounds of home:D

<

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
<

'97 V8

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
ft. knox ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 mounty 5.0 4x4 baby!!
I hate waking up for class at 8. But i drag my a$$ in the shower tired, and get out tired. I then start to wake up around 9ish.

<

old mechanic

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
R.I.
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
I get up right away. But then I need some coffee before showering.
I'm bunking work for a while so no need to get up at 4:00Am-5:00Am for a while anyway.

<

RocketFoot

Reaction score
City, State
Latrobe, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLS 4Dr Sport 4x4
My job starts at 6am, so I have to roll outta bed at 4:30am so I have time for a shower and a bowl of Cocca Pebbles plus 20 the minute drive to work. I am not a morning person, but after 12 years of this schedule...I've gotten used to it! When the alarm goes off, I am up like a lightning bolt! Wide awake and ready to go.

<

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
I have never been a morning person, but i guess i am now. On a work day i have the alarm set for 5:15am. On my day off, i dont set the alarm and wake up between 5:30-6:30. I cant sleep past 7am if i tried. Its weird because i wake up physically ready to go but my brain is two steps behind. One cup of coffee usually gets my brain caught up.

<

Stang Girl

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Cobra R Clone
I totally despise mornings....I will hit the snooze until the alarm finally gives up and says "screw it, just sleep" :confused:

The only time I can get up early and be wide awake is on vacation, because then we are doing fun things and I can't wait to start the day....but since I only have a vacation about every 5 or 6 years, that doesn't happen very often. :rolleyes:

I usually really wake up at about 9:30 and halfway through my 32 oz. fountain Dr. Pepper. ;)

<

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Stang Girl said:
I totally despise mornings....I will hit the snooze until the alarm finally gives up and says "screw it, just sleep" :confused:

The only time I can get up early and be wide awake is on vacation, because then we are doing fun things and I can't wait to start the day....but since I only have a vacation about every 5 or 6 years, that doesn't happen very often. :rolleyes:

I usually really wake up at about 9:30 and halfway through my 32 oz. fountain Dr. Pepper. ;)

Im the same but i hate even gettin up on vacation. i also have a Dr. Pepper morning. i dont even have a single class before 11 and it still takes me forever to get up

<

SkanlaxJMO

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
I have always been a morning person....i get up at 6:30 drag for maby 30 seconds and then im ready to go....

<

Rhett

Let Them Eat Cake
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cape Girardeau, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport 4x4
I am practically dysfunctional before 9:00 am, for some reason...

<

Explorer#2

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham Alabama,
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT
i get down out of my loft, i leave my alarm clock under my loft so i have to get down to turn it off, and check my e-mail and by the time im done i am up and ready to go

<

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
I am practically dysfunctional before 9:00 am, for some reason...

Me too!

My wife says she is not a morning person but on the rare occasion when she has to get up early for work she starts flapping her jaw from the time her feet hit the floor which drives me nuts!!!

I'm usualy half way to work before she is even up so thsi does not happen often.

The only time I'm awake as soon as the alarm goes off is if I'm modding my Mounty or Cougar :D

<

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Im a morning person, which I only really found out first time I arose from my nice warm bed to 20 deg temps outside/50 inside at 4:30AM to chase an elusive brown critter.

but recently I have started to drink coffee mroe and more, I kinda dont like the idea.

<

SoBeLover

Explorer Babe Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
When my alarm goes off, I'm up pretty fast, unless I'm sick or have had little sleep, then I hit the snooze. My kids take almost a half hour just to get out of bed, never mind functional

<

snocross1985

Explorer-less
Reaction score
City, State
Stratham, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
Considering yesterday was my 21st birthday, I was not a morning person today... :D

<

SoBeLover

Explorer Babe Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
Happy 21st Birthday Scott I'll bet you went out and had a few too many :D

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

90ranajo

The Little TJ that could
Reaction score
City, State
Pattaya, Chonburi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Toyota Fortuner
Callsign
KG7MXH
I work nights and don't go to bed until around 6 or 7 AM; so if you and to call 1 or 2 PM morning than yes I am.

<