Mothers VS Meguiars | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mothers VS Meguiars

I am new to the car waxing game and still am not sure what prodcuts to steer away from. I find myself needing more detail spray to use a clay bar. My bar came in a mothers showtime and pre cleaner wax. What is your opinion on the better product. The mothers products or Meguiars quick detailer and pre cleaner wax????

Thanks

Scott aka trailblazer295

I've used the Meguiars detail spray and the Mothers. If you just need some detail spray to lube the clay, any spray will do be it Mothers, Meguiars, Eagle One, etc. I just picked up some Eagle One. Only reason I went with it was because it was cheaper than the Meguiars or Mothers.

I have tried Mothers showtime as it came in my clay bar kit and now picked up the Meguiars one to compare results. I have some showtime left and some mothers pre cleaner wax and Meguiars Pro cleaner wax. I plan to test all four on the same hood to compare results. Ill keep an eye out for cheaper lube spray in the future.

Hey Scott- check out the Meguiars forum too- they have TONS of good info over there, and the factory guys (especially Mike Phillips) are great at giving advice, techniques, etc... As for the sprays, I've used both, they're about the same- and both are fine for clay bar work too. I think Meguiars does have a better line of prep-to-wax products, so I use their waxes and stuff too so I can match up the product numbers according to the tech articles there. I've always had great results.

Back