Motor blower new, but next to no air flow? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Motor blower new, but next to no air flow?

devildog271203

Reaction score
City, State
W. Monroe, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Ford Ranger Splash
Blower motor new, but next to no air flow?

About a week ago my blower motor started going bad. It just stopped working and when I finally realized what it was I could just tap on it and it would run. I'd just stared my work week and had to let it go until my day off today. During that time it got worse. The air flow got weaker and it finally gave out on me. I bought a new blower motor and replaced it. Now when I turn it on it sounds like a hurricane coming through, but now the air flow is extremely weak on all setting except the defrost. I've read alot on this forum about similiar problems and different types of solutions and I've tried to follow them, but nothing seems to be working so far. I've given up for the night. My truck is in about a million pieces and all my lights are either dying on me or burning out so I think that's a hint. I've read alot of these threads about Explorers with the same problem and don't know if I'm just not getting it or they are different than the Ranger. I've got a 1994 Ranger Splash. The blower motor works and sounds like it could blow the wig off an old lady, but the air flow is next to nothing. If anybody could give this non-mechanically inclined ole boy a hand I'd sure appreciate it. I'm trying to keep her on the road as long as I can. Thanks.

Sounds like a vacuum issue, maybe there is a leak preventing the other baffles from opening?

From what I've been told and what little I can fined in two different manuals, that sounds like what it's going to be, but for the life of me I can't find the hoses from the engine that go through the firewall into the cab. Anybody done this lately with a 94 Ranger and have any pics?

Also check the individual hindge points for the vent baffels......may be stuck.....may need lube. Or the head unit itself may have been accidently disconnected or is broken.

Aloha, Mark

PS......don't forget the possibility of an obstruction in the vents.

Back