• Register Today It's free!

Motorcraft Mount

Cuco

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn , New York City
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford Explorer XLT
I was able to find the left side motor mount from Motorcraft , but cannot find the right side , am I better off just put an aftermarket Motor mount?

0BB8B20F-DB0C-4723-AA06-96410A132192.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wondering if those are NOS ? The time on the shelf vs degradation of the "rubber" mount ?
That sure is an expensive part for being OEM. F87Z6038HA is the right side.

Were it my money, I'd go with a new manufacturer at 1/5th the cost with a lifetime warranty.

Wondering if those are NOS ? The time on the shelf vs degradation of the "rubber" mount ?
That sure is an expensive part for being OEM. F87Z6038HA is the right side.

Were it my money, I'd go with a new manufacturer at 1/5th the cost with a lifetime warranty.
The picture that I posted is the left side motor mount. Looking to purchase the right side. I have experienced in the past that aftermarket motor mounts do not last long and you always feel the vibration from the engine. Usually the dealer motor mounts (Motorcraft) can be filled with oil to absorb the vibration when aftermarket is just solid rubber. Never change the motor mount on my 96 explorer , but I have change on other vehicle and have experienced this problem. But if you have changed them. Love to hear your feedback. I do not like to waste money , but I prefer quality

Not specifically changed them on the Explorer 5.0 but have changed them on
a 1971 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland. Broke the driver's side from the torque.

Chose the Napa branded mounts at that time in the 1980s due to the cost of the FoMoCo.
Never had a problem with the motor mounts from that point on.

Polyurethane filled mounts are the best choice in today's technology for longevity and
differing cushioning rates.
Some aftermarket motor mount manufacturers do not offer the polyurethane filled mounts
depending on application and are just the vulcanized rubber.

Not specifically changed them on the Explorer 5.0 but have changed them on
a 1971 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland. Broke the driver's side from the torque.

Chose the Napa branded mounts at that time in the 1980s due to the cost of the FoMoCo.
Never had a problem with the motor mounts from that point on.

Polyurethane filled mounts are the best choice in today's technology for longevity and
differing cushioning rates.
Some aftermarket motor mount manufacturers do not offer the polyurethane filled mounts
depending on application and are just the vulcanized rubber.
I agree. I had crown vic with the 5.0 and the guy who changed the mount said Ford parts or go somewhere else. He said buy it yourself if you want.
This was many years ago though. If you can get OEM, it may be worth it. If not use a good brand name. NAPA is prob ok but you still have to get lucky!

The aftermarket "anchor" brand mounts have held up great for me, and at a good price too....

Back