mountaineer headlight Q | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mountaineer headlight Q

Why don't you just paint the roof rack you have, eaiser, and doesn't require finding someone to do a swap with?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You mentioned that you used to have a VW. Did the Joe Mod inspire you to do this on the monuntie?
yes sir i would call it joey mod but i think most ppl here would not get it

ppl keep calling my merc "grim" or "punisher" so guess what

100_0656.jpg

100_0655.jpg

100_0658.jpg

Ya its really cool mod. My alter ego was into Vdubs.

im still into dubs i have a 08 rabbit as a fun weekend runner u know once u go dub u never go back

nope i did that on my jetta i was getting puled over all the time so they stay as they are

They would bother you, even if you just lightly shaded them?

Wow, I assumed you had them blacked out on the jetta. I'm surprised they bothered you at all! Some vehicles have taillights almost that dark stock!

What about replacing the taillights with the ones from the '06+ Explorer? Technically, they can't pull you over since the lenses themselves are still untinted, unless PA cops are _really_ assholes.

What about replacing the taillights with the ones from the '06+ Explorer? Technically, they can't pull you over since the lenses themselves are still untinted, unless PA cops are _really_ assholes.

im looking to buy 06 mountaineer tail lights and do led conversion on them after that i can spray thin coat as long as the led's show up bright ill be ok. state cops are cool local just suck

Nice Jetta. My cousin has a 337 GTI he is actually looking to sell it right now. He's pretty upset abou having to let it go.

Ive been trying to work up the gahones to do this to the headlights on the focus, but havent been able to get myself to put em in the oven.

Nice Mounty, good job on the modding.

Ben

eburg_dub;1899535 [ATTACH=full said:
203789[/ATTACH]

Now you just need to black out your roof rack and tail lights! And you'll be good to go.:thumbsup::exp:

Wish I wasn't such a wuss, really want to do this to my headlights.

they changed the law about smoked lights in pa. aslong as a red light can be seen glowing from 25feet i think it is then you are fine. a officer told me that so the next day i niteshaded mine black and i love it. still shows plenty of light

If you still need a black roof rack, I'd be interested in a swap, especially because I'd love the look of the chrome on my Explorer, but I live a little ways away in Cleveland!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What did you do to get the rims black, fusion paint?

Back