• Register Today It's free!

mounted off road lights

xplrsport01

Reaction score
City, State
Chantilly, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
Hey just finished mounting up the lights i got for xmas mounted them to my bumper just have to do the wiring tomorrow and mount the switch and all that

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since your vehicle now has off-road lights, does that mean we'll see you in Paragon sometime? :D

maybe... will there be beer jk never beenthere how far of a ride?

Theres always beer.. or as some refer to it: "saki" -- Japanese rice beer.

Its a 3 hr drive from DC @ normal speeds.

yeah i saw that just looked it up online since i've never been. saki? humm only if there's sushi involved or a jap steak house yum lol... we'll see one day if a can get a baby sitter for the weekend and can drag the wife along.

how bout some pics of these lights?? i am gonna put some fogs on my bumper also and wanna see what they look like first......

I will try to take pics tomorrow I finished under the lights tonight it got dark pretty quick i started at 5 the sun must have almost gone down at what seemed to be 6 the lastest i just saw they look like the ones that you have on your roof actually

i've actually been trying to find another set of the ones i have on my roof. seems as tho they went extinct around up here. they have some on ebay but they are way more then what i paid for my 4. they work great i must say, VERY bright :D :D

are they called Eclipse Offroad or something like that ??

no thats what i thought but thet look just like em they are made by harbor freight i believe

well went to mount mine tonight and found out that my bumper is nothing but PLASTIC through and through except for the little piece of metal in behind that, which is thin as heck :( :( :(

yeah 2nd gen front bumpers suck...except they are easy to cut.....and saki is rice wine not rice beer...if you came up earlier you would know izzy! but yeah paragon is sick!

all in all: take some pics of these lights

well went to mount mine tonight and found out that my bumper is nothing but PLASTIC through and through except for the little piece of metal in behind that, which is thin as heck :( :( :(

Can't speak for the 2000s, but the 98s have a solid steel bumper with a cover over the upper portion:

653145.jpg

653147.jpg

-Joe

here ya go sorry it was dark when i can home from work finished the wiring tonight.......

explorer018.jpg

I be flipping switches!......
horn, off road lights, rear spot light under bumper
explorer019.jpg

what did you cut that tread brite with scissors?

hahahaha just kidding! its a good start

yeah pretty much tin snips really only thing i had round the house that did a desent job

i'll have to take some pics of the console i made up for my toggles and my CB in my project thread. BTW fogs look good, looks like i'm gonna have to get WAY WAY longer bolts to mount my fogs. will update on that after also :) :)

yeah pretty much tin snips really only thing i had round the house that did a desent job
If you have more of that material, pay for my gas to make it out there (I drive an efficient Civic :D) and I'll cut you a better one with a grinder.

hey xplrsport01, where do you go offroading locally? I live in Fairfax and I don't know of any local spots to go to

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i don't really off road locally any more cause the places i used to go to its like hardcore illegal and cops have cracked down

Back