mounting the amps

chazman819

Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLS Sport
Hi,

I had a quick question as to where most people seem to be mounting their amps. I was thinking of possibly looking at mounting two of them in the rear cargo area in the storage compartment where the jack currently is. Obviously the main concern there is ventilation, but with some properly placed fans in there, I think would be fine. Has anyone gone that route?

I set one of my amps in there and the top was able to close, so I was thinking that might work. Thoughts?

THanks

Chaz

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put mine where the factory sub was. I don't have any problems with ventilation, and no extra fan setups.

I mounted mine in the sub box I built, because it was easy to hook up and looked cool....

New%20Sub%20Box%201.JPG

But now im doin a new system so I dunno about buildin a new box....Try mounting under the seats, on the back of the seats? whatever looks sweet man

but I am going for all hidden. I need to save all cargo space in the Explorer.

right now my sub amp is mounted to the metal panel that flips down over the rear seats when they're flat.

With the seats up the amp is not visible with the sub box.

My 4 channel amp is mounted on the drivers side rear panel and it is also not visible with the sub box in place

on the metal plate behind the seats or under them...

FexplorerV8 said:
on the metal plate behind the seats or under them...
here's how i have it set up.

seats up:
explorer_stereo5.jpg

seats down:
explorer_stereo2.jpg

then i have my 4 channel wedged in the side like so:
explorer_stereo.jpg

explorer_stereo3.jpg

and a shot of the sub box just for fun...its ugly but its loud
explorer_stereo4.jpg
:D

mines on the back of my sub box

A false floor/amp rack is the best way to go IMO. I'd put a pic of mine up but I'm a couple thousand miles away from my truck right now.

my amps are just under the back seat...both are small enough that they fit fine

on the passenger side rear area behind the plastics where the factory sub was/is

For hidden, I'd mount the amp(s) somewhere behind the tupperware/plastic for the interior or under the back seats. I'd personally try mounting it under the back seats first. :)

JL 3x12 Xplorer said:
A false floor/amp rack is the best way to go IMO. I'd put a pic of mine up but I'm a couple thousand miles away from my truck right now.

i agree with him. i did that for a set up that i once had except i had the amp visible. all you have to do it make an amp rack under the false floor. i made mine out of MDF board and made a cutout from cardboard to trace it. check out my cardomain page and youll kinda see what i mean.

Back