• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Movies to Watch While Social Distancing

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I have been burning up Netflix and HBO lately, watching movies and docuseries.

Here are some of my favorites so far:
WWII in Color series
Star Trek original series
Tiger King, enough said

Watched these movies over the past few days
Dying in the Light
Vincent-N-Roxy, Revenge thriller
The Girl with All the Gifts, British Zombie movie with a twist

Plus a bunch of older movies

Post up with any independant or otherwise movies you liked that are on Netflix or HBO.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

94Eddie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Mountaineer Premier
Star Trek - Picard is excellent if you are a Trekkie. Especially if you are a fan of The Next Generation series.

Good movies I have watched recently are:

1917 (2019)
The Current War
Doolittle (2019)
Color Out Of Space - if you want to go on a mind bending ride
Knives Out
Midway (2019)
Ford v. Ferrari - excellent movie
Beyond The Sky - not bad for a B grade sci-fi flick
The Lighthouse (2019) - another mind bender that is not for the faint of heart
Gimini Man
Ad Astra - excellent sci-fi movie well acted by Brad Pitt and others

I can't say how many are on Netflix or HBO as I don't have subscriptions but the ones I referenced can be streamed from various services.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
The Gymkhana Files
Richard Hammond Meets Evel Knievel
The Men Who Built America
Super 8
Shelby American

intrepidriver

Reaction score
City, State
Stockton, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer XLT
I've focused more on gaming to keep myself entertained so thanks for the recommendation. I'll check what's available on Netflix. I'm planning on catching up to NCIS and start watching The Witcher.

410Fortune

ICE Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Ford vs Ferrarri! Has become one of my favorites of all time!!
Mat Damon and Christian Bale are awesome in that flick. Makes me want a 428 cobra jet so bad!!!

Bay Boys for Life = skip it, worst friggin Will Smith movie of all time. I mean seriously? It was trash! worst $17 I ever spent
However Gemini Man was AWESOME!!!!
Looking forward to watching Doolittle with the kids.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Saw Extraction on Netflix a few nights ago. Good movie, standard burnt out ex-special forces turned mercenary rescues kidnapped boy plot, but lots of action.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Happy! on Netflix is beyond bizarre. The lead character was in the series Oz.

94Eddie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Mountaineer Premier
Also, anyone who likes action movies and hasn't watched the Jason Bourne series of movies should do so. They are top notch in their genre.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Also, anyone who likes action movies and hasn't watched the Jason Bourne series of movies should do so. They are top notch in their genre.
I do like the movies, but all those close up action / fighting shots annoys me a little.

94Eddie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Mountaineer Premier
I do like the movies, but all those close up action / fighting shots annoys me a little.
What I like about the Bourne movies is the action is choreographed to be realistic. The fight scenes are done as if the people involved are highly skilled and capable but don't have super human abilities. The John Wick series would probably drive you crazy. It is like knife fighting using hand guns.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I liked the first two Wick movies, the last one was completely overdone.

94Eddie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Mountaineer Premier
I liked the first two Wick movies, the last one was completely overdone.
If the John Wick movies didn't bother you then the Bourne movies shouldn't.

410Fortune

ICE Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Jason Bourne movies are some of my favorite. The best being Jason Bourne (the last one) and The Bourne Legacy (matt damon not even in that one)
Those movies are great. I love action movies
Ready player one we really enjoy here, kinda kid friendly but a good move non the less.
of course the Die Hard movies are awesome, Live Free or Die Hard being the best one

QuietStorm17

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Bowie, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT 4WD
I’ve been watching some classic comedies like “It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World”, “Animal House” which has one of my favorite inspirational speeches, “did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”. Now I’m on a Mel Brooks binge starting with Blazing Saddles followed by Young Frankenstine.

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
Real Genius. It's a moral imperative to watch.

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
All the Sci-Fi & Action I can stream, on every Roku app, I have at my disposal. When Sy-Fi & action meet together, even better! A dash of humor thrown into the mix helps. To balance it, I throw in the occasional Western type, Reality show, or documentary. I will share some of what I watched on Netflix. Way too many to list for the other networks I have.
Lost In Space series. Can't get enough of this one. The Big personnel rovers they have, use big ole PitBull Rockers! lol

Happy is a twisted, demented, down right stupid train wreck, that you just can't look away from. It's from the Sci-Fi channel, but yet it's not really Sy-Fi. It's more Action meets dazed & confused.

Altered Carbon is a different twist on immortality. Lot's of action with a decent Sci-Fi plot.

Travelers. Heavy on the Drama, light on the Sci-Fi, but still a decent show.

Santa Clarita Diet. Another twisted train wreck, but is frigging hilarious.

Stranger Things. Mouth Breather.... nuff said.

Lock & Key. Really enjoyed this one. This slowly ramps up as it goes. The first season was wrote to lay a solid foundation, for many seasons to follow. Should be around for a while

The Ranch. Comedy Drama. Pretty funny for the first 4-5 seasons, then for some reason, it takes a turn into a sappy drama for the last 2.

All the Marvel series. Dare Devil is my favorite out of them. Finally a hardcore adult superhero action, with no punches held back, and doesn't cater to the squeamish. This is the Honey Badger of all superhero movies or shows. He just don't give a F***. Punisher is a close second to this as well.

Shooter. Kind of a Chris Kyle, meets walking tall series.

The Umbrella Academy. Sci-Fi / spy feel series.

Other mentions on Netflix are...... Dark Matter - Into the Badlands - Wynonna Earp - October Faction - Colony - Dark - Van Helsing series - The Magicians - Bright - Longmire - Another Life - Marco Polo - The Witcher - Cloverfield Paradox - Narcos - The 100

94Eddie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Mountaineer Premier
Happy is a twisted, demented, down right stupid train wreck, that you just can't look away from. It's from the Sci-Fi channel, but yet it's not really Sy-Fi. It's more Action meets dazed & confused.

If you want to go on a mind bending ride watch Bone Tomahawk. It combines classic western with possibly sci-fi and definitely horror. The first hour looks like a mostly standard western but the last 30 minutes of this movie is something to behold and is nothing like one would expect. Plus, Kurt Russell plays his role impeccably as does the rest of the cast.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I couldn't find Bone Tomahawk anywhere. Not on Netflix, HBO or on demand with Direct TV.

I watched Birthday Girl again last night. Funny movie with a great cast, especially if you like Nicole Kidman.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

donalds

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer sohc
We watched hackers last night funny movie