• Register Today It's free!

Moving the switches

KillerCougar

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
00' EB
Has anyone moved their power door locks, power windows, and power mirror controls? I was thinking of putting them in the center console. Does anyone know how hard it would be to do this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey that would be a nice mod!
Its only as hard as re-routing the wires out of the door harness and to where you want them. I am guessing all 4 door switch wiring will reach the center console, but getting them sperated from the other wires in the door and through the door and jamb will be the hard part :) Plan to remove your seats, carpet, etc...

i would probably just try an run the wire under the carpet. Starting under the cigarette lighter, and pushing the wire past the shifter and with my consoloe removed there is already a real big hole in the carpet to reach up and grab the wire.

it shouldn't be that hard.... when I was first thinkin of doin my quik-disco doors, I thoguth about doin this, but I then realized that on a trail rig, I don't need all that fancy stuff so I'll be swapping in manual doors... but no, it aint hard... and you also gotta relocate the power acces. control box that's in the drivers side door, (that is, if you're wantin to run doorless)

i plan on keeping my doors so that shouldn't be a problem

I'll keep an eye on this thread, in case you get done before I do. I have a 93 Limited mail vehicle. I am about to install a 99 chassis, dash, wiring, and I will install a second main window switch into the right door panel.

The wiring will be a little more complicated for me, but good luck to us both.
Don

Back