Moving to Denver CO- where to wheel? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moving to Denver CO- where to wheel?

becker69

Reaction score
City, State
Centennial, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport Trac
Well, I will more than likely be moving to Denver (or Aurora more specifically) CO in the Summer-- besides getting a book when I have the money; where can I go to wheel with some of you Ex owners out there? Any information on Aurora or local area would be appreciated... I'm still trying to figure out relatively safe areas to live :)
I know some guys used to coordinate the CCR run, but I was put under the impression that specific run is kindof defunct... is that correct? Thanks for any information.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a lot of the guys live in colorado.... rpenner, maranda, matt adams, heath, and others.... check out where they go wheeling.....

Yeah my search finally came through.... sorry for being a dolt and not searchin' enough before posting. My computer is running like arse!! Thanks... Now I'll go back to reading the Aug '02 thread about 'Matt's Trail'. Thanks.Maybe I can get some free info on the area from the guys up there? :)

Tons of good wheeling places pretty close to Denver/Aurora. I'll be moving up there in August, so we'll have to get together and wheel sometime...

Check my website. Our club goes on runs all over CO all year.

also check4x4trails.net they have a searchable database that you can find all kinds of trails to wheel in Col and other states. Trails for everyone from novice wheelers who want a easy one to nasty trails that you need major mods to go on and might not make it even then.

Tim

Thanks guys. Those are both cool websites. I can now be happy that I am coming from a good area to wheel at, and going to a good area to go 4 wheeling!! At least some of the trails aren't too far from metro Denver and Aurora. Thanks again.:)

Welcome to CO, well almost anyway... Colorado has some beautiful wheeling... There are a bunch of trails here, with varying degree's of Difficulty... The colorado contingent usually does a fair bit of wheeling starting in about April...

Heath... thanks man, I'm pretty excited about the move. And I'm happy that there will be enough wheeling and relative difficulty to what I and my truck are up to (as the mods keep coming, but slow... :( ). So at least I can wheel alot as I get better at trail driving!

Thanks again. :)

yeah theres lots of wheeling ot be had. And of course theres always Matt's trail. LOL. I only made it up there like twice last summer, hopefully more this year. I don't do much hardcore stuff anymore since my truck is my daily driver and I can't afford to break much, LOL.

Back