MP3 a 99Ranger?

Plain

Reaction score
City, State
SE Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
Hope Ya`ll had a good Christmas!

I got an MP3 player from Santy Claus and wanted to find a way to get into the guts of my radio which doesn`t have an aux jack on the outside and graft wires in to run my MP3 somewhere between the CD player and the radio which I figure has the internal amp. Its is a generic Ford CD/FM/AM etc. ...single disk. I think there is probably a way but wondered if anyone else has tried to do this and if so were they successful?

Thanks for the reply.

Plain

If your radio has the cd changer plug on the back which it probably does than you can use an auxiliary input adapter. It plugs into the port and gives you a set of RCA jacks to plug into. It works real well, I've used one for years. Check out www.pie.net.

Thanks for the Link

BriwayJones...

Thanks for emailing me back. I looked at what was available on PIE and since I have a Sandisk I don`t know if their iPod adapter would work. That would be the best option obviously but I don`t know if they are compatible as far as power, connections, etc. since I don`t have an iPod.

The generic aux adapter says it works on radio`s with CD "changers", however mine only has capacity for one disk at a time. I wonder if this is included?

Must search some more. I haven`t pulled my radio out yet. (weekend coming). Maybe I will be able to tell more then.

Cheers!

Plain

BriwayJones...

Thanks for emailing me back. I looked at what was available on PIE and since I have a Sandisk I don`t know if their iPod adapter would work. That would be the best option obviously but I don`t know if they are compatible as far as power, connections, etc. since I don`t have an iPod.

The generic aux adapter says it works on radio`s with CD "changers", however mine only has capacity for one disk at a time. I wonder if this is included?

Must search some more. I haven`t pulled my radio out yet. (weekend coming). Maybe I will be able to tell more then.

Cheers!

Plain

When it's talking about the radios with CD changers it means the ones that you can plug a CD changer into. Yours probably has one of those plugs in the back. It should be one of these on this page but I'm not sure which is the right one for you.
http://www.pie.net/pie_store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=118&cat=Ford

Back