MP3s from USB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MP3s from USB

stoev

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer limited
Hi All

i copy some mp3 songs to the USB Stick with subfolders, that i can find the music art fast...

but everytime when i restart the car so 1 day later or 1 hour...
it start from the 1st song. and i must search again the other folder..

for me its important to do that with subfolders, because i have different song arts... and i don't want to mix it up with the other songs.
example 1 folder with classic music other fodler with Rock and an other with chillout.

does somebody have an idea to solve this problem?

Cheers
Stoev

Hi All

i copy some mp3 songs to the USB Stick with subfolders, that i can find the music art fast...

but everytime when i restart the car so 1 day later or 1 hour...
it start from the 1st song. and i must search again the other folder..

for me its important to do that with subfolders, because i have different song arts... and i don't want to mix it up with the other songs.
example 1 folder with classic music other fodler with Rock and an other with chillout.

does somebody have an idea to solve this problem?

Cheers
Stoev

You can put all your music in the root of the drive, and use id3 tags to do genre, you can also create M3U playlists in the root of the drive to further organize the music. The SYNC works best with no folders, use the features of MP3 ID3 tags, and M3U playlists to provide the functionality you are seeking.

By using playlists you can also have the song on the stick once, and include it in multiple playlists.. for example:

song: Moves Like Jagger (Maroon 5)

you might want to have this song in more than one category
Annoying.M3U
Fun.M3U

that way if you play your "Annoying" playlist this song would be included, and if you play your "Fun" playlist the song would be included. But you only have to have one copy of the song on the device.

Back