MT or AT tire? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MT or AT tire?

I am goin to get a set of those kumho venture tires that i have read alot about and seen alot of good stuff, 31s by the way. Only thing is that ive noticed alot of people are gettin or talking about the mud terrain tire, and i dont go offroading alot hardley ever i go mess around on the construction sites my company is working on once in a while but really nothing to be considered offroading. I went on the Kumho website and read the diffrent facts of the tires and all and the MTs say for 50% onroad and 50% off, i def dont do nearly 50% of my driving offroad so is this a bad tire for me since im on the highway and main roads quite abit? Is the AT tire better? That says 70% on and 30% off. I know im not into the big offroading thing but i want a simi aggressive tire, is the AT got some good tread?

Go with an A/T! Look into the bridgestone series, they have a REALLY good lookign A/T

I like my mudders, but i've also gotten stuck when using ATs. I have Bridgstone duelers... whether mudder or all terain, they are simply the best looking and running tire out there.

another running dueler m/t's...i have about 10k miles on mine and they are pretty quiet and do well in everything and seem to be wearing very well. If you wheeled more, i would definitely reccommend them for you.

if i were in your shoes, i would get toyo open country a/t's i have been reccommending them to everyone, but nobody pays attention. I have a few friends running them and they are super quiet on road, perform extremely well off-road and have a nice aggressive tread. tehy are a good deal cheaper than many a/t's as well

I love the Kuhmo' MT's but I wheel hard...

For on road, I like the Dayton Timberline AT's - they will get you in and out - are reasonable in price, and they wear really well. I've got over 40K on a set that still have a year or so to go (on my 97 Ex).

Back