Mud Bog/Obstacle course 17 June 06 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mud Bog/Obstacle course 17 June 06

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
This is the faithwheelers annual Mud bog / Obstacle course.
Located near Eatonville Washington
This a free event and open to everyone to come and watch or play
There will again be two side by side mud pits
Obstacle course for rigs with tires less than 35"
Tuff truck course for those with over 35" tires
and the buggy hill for those with fully enclosed buggies

more details to follow

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've marked it on my calendar :thumbsup:

Ill come watch at least.
The way things are going, dont know what state my truck will be in. My dad is gonna get an old beach vehicle soon, maybe I can bring that.
I showed him a picture of the EX-250 and said he needs that. Im hoping he will get an explorer and then ill cut the roof off.

Oh and don't forget to bring your money for the raffle, some of the prizes are really good, last year James Duff had $500+ in gift certificates, stuff from Skyjacker, ARB, Randys ring and pinion and the list goes on....

Crawl magazine will be there for a article in a up coming issue

Just updating the message boards

The Faithwheelers Off-Road Club is sponsoring our 5th annual 4X4 Obstacle Course. The event is FREE to all participants and is suitable for all SUV’s and trucks, regardless of configuration. Stock vehicles welcome. Built rigs, come and show off!
The event will include 3 separate obstacle courses and 2 mud bogs.
mudjump_Small_.jpg

· The Obstacle Course is for stockish to moderately modified rigs who want to try some tougher obstacles in a controlled environment.
tn_003.jpg

· The Tuff Truck Course is for vehicles with 35” tires and lockers and will test the ability of every vehicle and driver that ventures in.
samirocks_Small_.jpg

tn_JEEP%20174.jpg

· The all NEW rock crawling obstacle is sponsored by CRAWLmagizine.com who will be at the event for a full feature article in their next magazine! This course is designed for the BUGGIES!

Directions:
· From the north side, take Hwy 512 then go south on Pacific Ave. This is Highway 7 and turns into Mountain Highway.
· From the west side, you head east from Yelm, turn south (right) at Highway 7.
· At the Roy Y, stay left, this takes you to the south side of Mount Rainer. Continue SE along this highway past the Eatonville Cutoff road. The event is located at the 390th block about 3 miles farther down on the right. It's about a mile past the golf course.
· From the south side you can pick up Highway 12 off I-5 towards Mt Rainer and then head up Highway 7 and head north. The location would be on your left about 10 miles past the town of Elbe.
· We’ll have signs out front that you won’t be able to miss. If you want to print out Mapquest directions, use the address of 5216 390th St Ct E, Eatonville, WA 98328.

i'm gonna get off my lazy butt and play this year...i'll just trailer the ex-250 down to eatonville cause' i'm sure i'll break something.....

I look forward to seeing you there, the only place I think you would have to worry about breaking somthing is on the rock garden on the tuff truck course, the rocks at the end of it are big boulders
Those are 39.5 iroks on the 4runner
tn_JEEP%20189.jpg

Sounds like fun, my front gears are going in at the end of may. (finally!)
So I may actually get to do something. Whooo Hoooo!

Hey guys after last year i wount be running this year (if i can resist) but i will have pleanty of tools, fluids, and straps to help those of you who like to break stuff. I'll probably still have the Red Sport then (the one that lost the clutch at the start of the day last year) I'll be on the CB if you need any help. And thanks again to those of you who helped me last year.

Noved87 said:
Hey guys after last year i wount be running this year (if i can resist) but i will have pleanty of tools, fluids, and straps to help those of you who like to break stuff. I'll probably still have the Red Sport then (the one that lost the clutch at the start of the day last year) I'll be on the CB if you need any help. And thanks again to those of you who helped me last year.

You should give the small obstacle course a try it is designed for the 35" and under.

The restraints have been loosened for this year so I will be digging it out more with the backhoe this year so there will be more challenge if that line is choosen

We are also going to have a Bobby Long sponsered RTI ramp contest. It will have 2 classes of compotention 1)Buggys 2) Street leagal rigs. There will be a price for each comp. that includes a set of LONGLOCKS. Price for entering is only $2 a rig. So who can ramp??? :p :D

Both Jason and Dale can do way better than 1000+ and some other the other boys can do just as good or better, it will be interesting to watch

i dont ramp....i primarily drive THROUGH the obstacles.

jrgaylor said:
Both Jason and Dale can do way better than 1000+ and some other the other boys can do just as good or better, it will be interesting to watch

well its up to the judge(me) on what class the person compets in. Come on Joe, I have seen the pics of your explorer on the ramp. :p

I will take it to the top and flop it on purpose if I would win something.

landbruiser1 said:
I am going to hold you to that..

Then I need to find the largest YUKON sticker I can find and put it on the roof, maybe if I am lucky it will get in CRAWL and I may get some $$$

At the end of the month I will be picking up my new project rig (streched to ~104" WB D60/D60 351W C4 ) and by next years event, it should rock

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back