Mudfest!! In Missouri --Bucanans 9-19, near ST.Louis | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mudfest!! In Missouri --Bucanans 9-19, near ST.Louis

crazyflights

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
St. Joseph, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 1 ton Jeep
Sept 19th is 2nd date for Bucanans Mudfest this summer, they do this twice a year and it is a blast, they have mud for vehicles from stock to wild and some trails, Several competitions, they have quite the crowd in the thousands and large turn out on vehicles , so u may want to get there early.
No drinking is allowed or ATVs. You can just randomly drive around.
Link
http://www.buchananmudfest.com/Welcome.html

Lets see who all from the area may be attending we can try and meet up.
I will have my mudtruck there 4sale and prolly terrorizing in my B2

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also if your curious what its like, just type in Bucanans Mudfest on You Tube, all sorts of neat videos about it will come up.

im about 20min out of stl but,
1. my 2wd truck wouldnt quite make it.
2. i have a prior engagement
I have a couple friends that are going though.

cant wait to get my new truck....

how far drive from st louis is it?

I would say about 45 minutes to 1hr if that long. Even ifyou dont have a 4wd vehicle it is still cool to meet other members.

Now we need to get Greg (gmanpaint) to show up..

yep Gman needs to make this trip
and yes you can come with 2wd and still have a good time, i have seen 2wd cars out there, but you can park and jump in with someone or there is plenty of spots lined with spectators at the big holes.
Just depends were you are in St. Louis area, i would say its 30 mins from Six Flags if that helps anyone. I think they open officially at 9am, we will eave our house around 6:00am and be there by 7:30 so we dont have to wait in line.

sounds like it would fun to watch, & even more fun to be watched!!! kinda short notice for me, ontop of being short of funds, due to next mods. don't think I will be able to attend. Be sure to take lots of pics and vids!

Bump, this is coming up in a few days and havent heard from very many people. U dont have to have a trail rig to go, lots of people show up and watch, this is closest you will ge to Texas/Florida swamp runs without having to go so far.

heres how I will be loading trailer tommorow so I can head out early saturday!
100_2389.jpg

here is couple years ago at mudfest, someone watching post this and was of me, not sure who they were found this later online, anyway, this hill is really steep with 2 sections one without so many big rocks on the left and right side with big rocks, well 3/4 way up left easier side my fuel pump went out, but theres trees we had allready weeved thru and no way to get back down backwards, all we had was come along, so numerous times we hooked and yanked front end around to were they could push me over to the worse side and the plan was to roll down it using gravity, worked good other than brakes werent great, vidoe doesn show angle even close, at bototm u see back end pop up, all my drinks in cooler were now sitting in the dash it was pretty crazy, LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ol4TF27kBM

Well, we had great time, conquered several big obstacles, but by end of the day Bronco had its toll, motor is dead and I think carpet is ruined, after plunging down into a hole 1/4 way up the doors. But I am not concerned about either was great time!, Will post few pics when get chance.

Well, we had great time, conquered several big obstacles, but by end of the day Bronco had its toll, motor is dead and I think carpet is ruined, after plunging down into a hole 1/4 way up the doors. But I am not concerned about either was great time!, Will post few pics when get chance.

:D:D:D:D I still cannot believe you tried that pit, i remember driving around the corner and asking myself where in hell did he go. And my son said look dad that little truck is buried up to the doors in that deep mud pit.

That was fun my truck has NEVER been that dirty before.. Went home and spent an hour with garden hose stuck under the truck.

These are little late but wanted to post few since had time to upload:
070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

Drove over the pipes 2 times in direction pointed, they dont look near as bad in photos as they were. They say rollcage required but since i wasnt having much problem they didnt bother me

This was a cool truck we saw, was worth taking pics:)
077.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back