• Register Today It's free!

muffler other than flowmaster

99stocksport

Reaction score
City, State
Clemson, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
first off i did use the search function and all i could find is information about flowmasters. i would like to put a new muffler on my 99 exposport SOHC but i can not find another muffler that has dual inlets besides the flowmaster 50series. i am a highschool student and dont have the money for a flowmaster but i need better/more sound out of my x. if any of yall know a another brand of muffler that will work on my truck could you please let me know.
thanks
Davis

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Flow Pro are Excellent budget mufflers

Not that mine is a dual, but I just bought, and BrandonS has been running for a while now, a Cherry Bomb Turbo style muffler. I paid $40 bucks cdn for it. just need to put it on. I already know it sounds good tho, Brandon sent me multitudes of sound clips.

Thrush is the maker, which is owned by Dynomax

410Fortune said:
Flow Pro are Excellent budget mufflers

Running one as we speak!

You could give SpinTech a look, but I don't think they're as cheap as you want.

which size would yall recomend the 4.25 x 9.75 or the 4.75 x 10.75 and how much and where did u get them. today i went to auto zone, pep boys, and advanced auto parts looking for mufflers but none carried one that had dual inlets.
thanks for all your help

One thing you might consider.
Budget steel mufflers don't have a long lifespan

i was thinking about this and i had an idea, its probly a stupid one, but what if i sprayed rustolium on the muffler, would that make it last longer/prevent rust, or would the heat just burn it off??

You'd need high temp paint and no, it probably wouldn't make it last any longer.

How much are you looking to save? you can go morgan-tec for 75 bucks, in the configuration you want, you can also get a magnaflow, aluminized steel with S.S. internals for the same price, niether will ever need replacement.
Or you can buy a cherry bomb at peps for 15 bux and replace it in 6 mos.
save some bucks, do it right once and forget about it, with exhaust componants, you get what you pay for.

Have you really looked at prices for Flowmaster mufflers? You can get them for around $60-70 on Ebay all the time.

jayhawkexplorer said:
Have you really looked at prices for Flowmaster mufflers? You can get them for around $60-70 on Ebay all the time.

ya, got mine for $49 shipped :p

Yep I paid about $50 shipped for mine. Seriously man, in my opinion Flowmaster is the best choice. Cheap, good quality, and sound great.

$50 for a dual inlet?? wow

Id just buy two cheapy mufflers lol, but im not very clear on this dual inlet system..

I got my original 40 series muffler off ebay for $44.99 brand new in box. Great seller to.

yes i ahve found alot of single inlet mufflers, but he problem with my Sport is that it requires a dual inlet muffler and the 50 series is the only dual inlet muffler that flowmaster makes...so that is my problem...i cant find one of those that is not over $100...or atlest i could not today

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back