• Register Today It's free!

Multi Function Switch

hippyheart

Reaction score
City, State
West Plains, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Explorer Sport
How do yo get in there and bend a stalk on the multi function switch? My front washer pump unit (blades do) does not work and I want to see if that is the problem. If it isn't, it's gotta be a pump replacement. Checked relays in aux relay and pulled both of them and my wipers up front still worked as did my wipers and pump in the back. Scratching my head on that one...Thanks for any help!

There's a philips head screw on the end of it. Be careful as there's a spring and other pieces in there. I don't know what you mean by bending a stalk. There's a tiny circuit board that runs the intermittant wipers. Looks pretty simple but intricate at the same time. You might try cleaning off the connectors but when mine went there was no fixing it.

My mfs works great except the washer function. If I push it in and move it around up, down,forward, backwards, the washer will start working.

I'll try that deadernie. And when I meant bending the stock I just menat making contact. I read that sometimes after some use some stalks don't make contact. 1st I'm gonna switch front and back pump lines if I can find the where the back pump line comes out to the engine? Kinda raining cats and dogs right now here so I gotta wait a bit!

Back