Multi-source Relay Wiring

College Student

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indinapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 EB
I drew this up. Would this be the correct way to wire this?
CAM00072_zps3ximaicj.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope

87/87A is to the lights or whatever else you want to power.

30 is always 12volt constant.

86 is the switch or trigger power.

85 is ground.

Like brian said...

You have pin 30 and 87 are backwards... 30 is the "in power" to be switched and 87 is the switched power output. The rest look right.

~Mark

Ah okay, thank you. I would have double checked that connection compared to online diagrams before plugging everything in, but do you know if the section leading to 86 is correct.

I plan on having the multi-source (trigger) but don't want any source to back power any other source (trigger), i.e. I don't want the switch to also accidentally illuminate the reverse lights. This why the diodes are in place. Is my thinking on this part correct?

I plan on having the multi-source (trigger) but don't want any source to back power any other source (trigger), i.e. I don't want the switch to also accidentally illuminate the reverse lights. This why the diodes are in place. Is my thinking on this part correct?

That is what the diodes do. They will let the current come from those triggers and go to the relay but not let another trigger back feed. That is assuming you install the diodes correctly. The side of the diode with the line goes towards the relay.

~Mark

edit: This page should help.. http://www.the12volt.com/diodes/diodes.asp

Alright, thank you guys for your help.

Back