Mustang throttle body on Explorer problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mustang throttle body on Explorer problem

Devan

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 BoostedXPLR Sport
Callsign
Devman
I have a 2001 Explorer Sport 2 door 4.0 and I just bought myself a VMS Mustang GT throttle body and it doesn't bolt right up. this Mustang GT throttle body bolt pattern measures 2.5x3 whereas my stock intake manifold is totally different. from the top left bolt to the top right Bolt is 3.25" and the top right bolt to the bottom right bolt is 3" and the bottom right bolt to the bottom left bolt is 3" and the bottom left bolt to the top left bolt is 3". I also got in touch with bbk and they told me their 75mm tb for 99 to 04 GTs is 2.5"x3". Maybe i should be gettin a 75mm tb for a f150 4.6? I know a bunch of people with the 4.0 that say they put the Mustang GT throttle body on there Explorer so i don't know why I'm having any problems with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anybody?

The bolt pattern of my plenum from top left bolt to top right is 3.25" and from top right bolt to bottom right bolt is 3" and from bottom right bolt to bottom left Bolt is 3" and from bottom left bolt to top left bolt is 3", those throttle bodies look like they're the same size as the one I have which is 2.5"x3'. Would you be able to tell me the measurements for all sides of the bolt pattern of your throttle body or your plenum?

Back