Mutineer makes a few small time runs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mutineer makes a few small time runs

Mutineer

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ardmore, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT 4X4
Callsign
FLOYD
100_0348.JPG

Sorry Ive not been on at all...Christmas has kept me busy at work and at home...lol

My website is www.johnnyram4x4.com

The site is named after my first big project, look under videos and then under Mutineer. Also look under pictures and wheelin' pics. If its labelled Mutineer or the trials of Mutiny, thats the Mutineer.

I have made a few mods and trips with the Mutineer(1997 Mercury Mountaineer) and thought Id share.

Next plans are a snorkel system, 4 inches of custom fabbed lift (only Superlift makes a lift kit and they are too pricey for the product). Going to do a spring-over conversion in the rear and custom fabricate the front bracketry and a-frames. This will put my engineering skills to the test...lol

Gimme some feedback, Y'all I am working to improve all aspects of this vehicle and I appreciate any comments or suggestions!

Thanks!! :exp:

Daniel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For your application, looks like a snorkel would be a good hit:)

Yeah, I need the snorkels and the 35 inch tires. This truck is AWESOME off the road within it's limitations.

I cant wait to turn a few heads when It gets finished!

Daniel

33's with a 3 inch body lift I had to trim the fenders alittle, and we are installing 4 inch flare fiberglass fenders from Hanneman in the very near future.

Thanks, I welded the bar on to the frame after chopping 3 inches off the end of the frame, I put the supports in the middle and welded the bar on. It is a westin Bull bar off the front of my Dodge.

Thanks!

Daniel

i envy your truck man. i want my mounty to look like that

[QUOTE='97 V8]i envy your truck man. i want my mounty to look like that[/QUOTE]

THANKS! I sent you a PM, Glad to finally see another Mountaineer around. I knew there was more than mine around.

Daniel

Superlift is not the only lift option for you.
RCD makes a drop bracket kit that will also replace the torsion bars.

Dixon Bro's make a true long travel kit that will also ditch the torsion bars.

Camburg and others have long travel kits under development currently, should be available soon.

Or, from the looks of your truck, you might just skip it and do a solid axle conversion.

Nice truck!

THANKS!

Thanks for the info, I havent looked very far into it, About halfway through searching for parts I decided to build it up myself, I can use this project to teach my 6 year old son a thing or two, and then It can be his when finished.

I am looking into the dana 60 SAS, I want to run leafs up front, for simplicity's sake (and money).

But that plan is WAAAAY down the road, after I get another daily driver.

Daniel

my first suv mountaineer 1997 5.0 and would like to know the best shocks to use for smooth ride on pavement and off road?

Bama woot!

Good lookin' truck!

fullmetaljacket said:
my first suv mountaineer 1997 5.0 and would like to know the best shocks to use for smooth ride on pavement and off road?

I use Rancho, but I know Bilstein are good also.

Right now I am running Monroe sens-a-trac (until the lift) And they work great for either.

Daniel

j602 said:
Bama woot!

Good lookin' truck!

Thanks!

I intend to show 'em how we do it down here.

Daniel

What kind of tires are you running? Might want to go with a better tread design cause in that video (mutiny) your tires are just caked with mud and you have a rough time in it. Guess you need something that cleans better. Looks good though i like it. Boomin has lifted his mounty now. Look for his "sex change" thread. 9"s Taller. :thumbsup:

-Drew

Yeah mine is on 35's but I am 2wd at the moment. I am going to use the 5'' RCD kit up front soon. Its a good kit that uses coilovers but its gonna set you back about 2k. I am going to run 35'' X-terrains

ExplorerDMB said:
What kind of tires are you running?
BFG A/T's

Nice looking truck. 35s will look nice on there. I like the front bumper too (or lack of) :cool:

I would get better tires too M/T's, not saying that A/T's are bad, but when you are going throught that much mud you need something better.

bmxking5 said:
BFG A/T's

Nice looking truck. 35s will look nice on there. I like the front bumper too (or lack of) :cool:

Thanks!
I will be running 35" Boggers eventually, When I go up 4 more inches for a total of 7"

The eventual D60 SAS will definately imporove things as well.

Yeah I lovede the way I could just back out of those holes, but sure wish I could have trucked on through them.

All in due time, my friends... MUUUUHAHAHAHA!! (evil laugh)

Daniel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cant wait for the write up on the 4" lift you'll do. But right now i am in serious need of shocks. With the 2 inch twists up front, shackles and AAL's my shocks are limiting articulation. If any one knows of a good shcok that is made for trucks with 4 inches of lift im all ears.

Back