My 04 Limited w/ the new 24's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 04 Limited w/ the new 24's

Got these put on a few weeks back, figured i'd post up a couple pics..i was only able to take like 2 pics before the battery died i will get some better pics later on

BTW they are 24" Lexani "pyro" wrapped in pirelli 255/30/24 tires

BEFORE:
38460610001_medium.jpg

AFTER:
38460610002_medium.jpg

Here's a bigger pic in case you need binoculars..
38460610003_large.jpg

Like i said, sorry for the crappy pics..i'll upload some better ones tomorrow..i need to paint my calipers and rotors..anyone know the best way to do this? i was just gonna do the rotor black and the calipers red..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hold on I'm still looking for my binoculars....

Can we see a picture of the full truck???

Those are sick man:thumbsup:!!!!

I would deff. say get bigger tires though! Rubberbands on anything other than a car is ridiculous lol.

I have more tread on my old tires than you have rubber period on them things hahahaa, great looking rims though, is your explorer stock height, or raised to fit them?

Hold on I'm still looking for my binoculars....

Can we see a picture of the full truck???

wow dude, did you not see where i posted "my battery died after i took a few pics" and "sorry for the crappy pics"???

Before you talk smack, what you rollin on? 20's?? My girl has 20's on her camry..

BryanDye: Thank you! It is stock height, no lift. Would've went with a bigger tire, but i'm planning on lowering in 2" all around so stay tuned..also looks way better in person, pics do no justice.

I love those rims man I cant say it enough, my personal favorite, the 5 spoke style (doube spoke obviously on yours, but same difference)

I hate when people buy the huge rims that have the ridiculously ugly and gaudy designs, and each rim probably weighs like 400 pounds.

(just PB'ed some rims like im talking about)
Best_rims_ever.jpg

02-09-07_1740.jpg

Diablo-Chrome-Addict.jpg

You probably get the idea by now haha.

Thanks for the bigger pic, now I can see even better with my binoculars, even though I could see just fine before lol.

I like the rivets or whatever you call that on the lip also, looks great man

thanks man! Yeah, i too have never been a big fan of th "fuller" face wheel, i like em to be opened up...didn't realize how ugly my calipers and rotors were lol but a little paint will solve that problem!

Also, the rivets are suppose to give it that 3 piece look...i definitely like how they look, and the pics don't show it proper but thats a 6" lip BTW

Yea, they have "caliper" paint at autozone, and meijers and whatnot, heat and dust resistant, it seems easy enough todo lol

nice x u got there

wow dude, did you not see where i posted "my battery died after i took a few pics" and "sorry for the crappy pics"???

Before you talk smack, what you rollin on? 20's?? My girl has 20's on her camry..

Well someone is certainly overly sensitive about the size of automobile wheels... Do you form your identity based on your rim size? I guess you can't take a joke about your pictures displaying 2" by 2" when you posted them?

You want my honest opinion? Those tires look silly.... Agree with BrianDye... Wouldn't want to hit any potholes riding on those.... Wheel design is nice though.

no biggie dude, it just sounded like you were trying to be an a**hole...no hard feelings man..like i said i will be lowering it a few inches so it should make a dramatic change in the appearence, also as small as the tire may be..i like the fact i can make a complete u-turn with no rubbing issues, also with the wheel cut all the way there's only MAYBE an inch of clearence from the fender well so a bigger tire would of ment rubbing..and at 450 a tire that is not something i wanna deal with.

Also, as far as the pothole comment, when you ride on any custom wheel no matter the tire size you learn to avoid potholes at all cost lol

Highway driving and such on these is just as comfortable as my stock tires which IIRC are 265/75/17's...

nice rims there like the over all look of it but... i like alittle more sidewall on mine but ya know everyone is different for a reason... here in michigan those rims wouldnt last long with all the pot holes and bad roads but i do like the open look

nice rims there like the over all look of it but... i like alittle more sidewall on mine but ya know everyone is different for a reason... here in michigan those rims wouldnt last long with all the pot holes and bad roads but i do like the open look

It amazes me still the people on 24's and 26's around here, we have THE worst roads known to man and they fly down them.

The rims are about 4" to big for me, but it looks good! When those tires wear out, I'd get a little bit bigger sidewall for a peace of mind. Any luck getting more pictures?

no biggie dude, it just sounded like you were trying to be an a**hole...no hard feelings man..like i said i will be lowering it a few inches so it should make a dramatic change in the appearence, also as small as the tire may be..i like the fact i can make a complete u-turn with no rubbing issues, also with the wheel cut all the way there's only MAYBE an inch of clearence from the fender well so a bigger tire would of ment rubbing..and at 450 a tire that is not something i wanna deal with.

Also, as far as the pothole comment, when you ride on any custom wheel no matter the tire size you learn to avoid potholes at all cost lol

Highway driving and such on these is just as comfortable as my stock tires which IIRC are 265/75/17's...

The wheels are nice... I like the design... I mean I assume with 24's you have to use a very thin tire to make them fit... I'm not real technical with the vehicles but I knew I could safely fit 20's on my vehicle with tires with good size sidewalls without worrying about any rubbing and also not having to be worried about navigating the horrible streets and highways we have here in Northern NJ and the NYC Metro area.... I also currently live about 5-10 minutes driving distance from Paterson, NJ so I didn't want to go with 22's on my truck and draw too much attention to my ride... Between the cost of the tires&rims and the money I have invested in the system in my truck, I'd just be too much of a nervous nelly about it getting boosted if I really made it stand out the way 24's would (hope you don't live in a shady neighborhood).

If you could fit or create the room for a tire with a slightly higher tread wall the next time you need tires, I think it would really amplify the look of your ride... Would be interested in seeing the picture of the full truck.... Have you done anything to the interior? I don't go crazy with my truck I mean I bought new wheels and tires and re-did the audio system and that's all I'm doing, period....

yeah i definitely know where your coming from man, sorry for being a dick lol..

as far as the interior, its bone stock besides the stereo..thats where most of my money went..as far as future upgrades..by next spring i hope to lower it 2", re-wrap the seats, get my hids finally, and install a few tv's...looking into an exhaust too but not sure what to get, definitely want that mean v8 sound but don't wanna just go with something on a whim and be dissatisfied...

my truck is currently at ford getting work done on the rear diff. but i will definitely get some pics up by tuesday afternoon!

finally got some more pics lol after almost 2 or 3 weeks..

DSC00754.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

now thats how you ride from the nati to just coped a 96 limited

Nice wheels. What are you doing with the original chrome 17's? I am looking for a set of the original's. Would you be interested in selling them? Let me know. Thanks.

scottrappley@yahoo.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lookin great still man, they honestly fit perfect, and it will look badass when you drop it.

Back