My 1992 2 door jeep killer build | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 1992 2 door jeep killer build

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a set of hubs that Warn makes that are stronger then the ones they will sell you for the TTB
Let me do some digging, it has been a while. They were made for a rear axle kit for a jeep, yes hubs on a rear axle. But they fit our D35 ttb and are stronger

You want the hub to blow before the U joint and axleshaft, so its not a terrible thing to blow hubs.
I have not seen drive flanges for the D35 ttb, this would be the part that eliminates the hubs, not sure if anyone makes them for us

Those hubs look pretty dirty and packed with grease?
They should be clean and only lightly coated with lubricant

How did you end up attaching the rear bedsides? I am considering this for my BII
I love the Solomotorsports stuff, really innovative guys over at Solo

did not add any additional grease/ lube than what came in hubs from straight out of package factory lubed. I did order another set last night that should arrive Thursday so I will have (1) spare on vehicle.

I will look into the ones in your other link. Since this trying to be built as a dual sport with some of the pre-runner aspects it is probably not a good idea to have them locked while 3-4' in air jumping a dune out at rasor road. I think the landing in the sand and instant forced drag made this happen.

Were trying to hit logandale trails this weekend that is alot more of just the rock crawling side.

Bedsides went on with the zeus tabs riveted and glued to fiberglass the the lock spring part riveted to existing body panel behind fiberglass.

s-l225.jpg

20180925_192235.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

pretty sure these are the hubs I am running on my BII:

https://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/warn-rear-full-floater-hub-lock-kits

I have not broken one yet, I run 35" tires on a Dana 35 ttb with 97 Ranger outers and a ARB locker. I am a finesse type wheeler, I like to avoid wheel spin when a tire is in the air, in fact I try to avoid wheel spin all together.....

So those are the Warn 37780 and the ones I am running are the Warn 29071.

Are they a direct fit replacement just stronger? Or do I need to swap to the ranger outers for these?

Thanks for all the help.

The Jeep hubs are a Direct replacement.

Loving the build so far. Your amazingly fast at this. When your done, can you edit the first post with the specs on it?

When your Done......LOL

Are any of us ever done?

I will update the beginning with what she has on her now.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

couple pics from last weekend at rasor road.

47085971_10214655102703786_5498675431672381440_o.jpg

46722212_10214655093303551_7504237322804658176_o.jpg

47108105_10214655095783613_536574937213698048_o.jpg

46884689_10214655133944567_8080581625659785216_o.jpg

46917316_10214655103503806_6413151007819169792_o.jpg

Is that the factory fuel door re-used with the glass sides?
5 dzus fasteners per side?
Any needed along the top under the window?

Thanks!
Truck looks fun chasing Polaris in the So Cal desert!! I love sports, they have a great wheelbase and cargo capacity/elbow room over a BII.................if I ever wreck my BII its coming back as a sport

Is that the factory fuel door re-used with the glass sides?
5 dzus fasteners per side?
Any needed along the top under the window?

Thanks!
Truck looks fun chasing Polaris in the So Cal desert!! I love sports, they have a great wheelbase and cargo capacity/elbow room over a BII.................if I ever wreck my BII its coming back as a sport
Right now I'm only running the 5 per side without any issue yet. On the top side would need somewhere to mount as glass is almost straight off.

And yes, factory fuel door used on the glass with the factory parts behind and same gas cap. New 2" filler neck and vent added to stock tank.

Thank you
Looks nice!

Whats next?

Thank you
Looks nice!

Whats next?

Next?

Need to order up and install 3rd seat.

Get mounts for tools and spare parts on ex figured out.

Real spare tire mount figured out.... Really trying not to go with swing gate style on rear but it might be looking that way. Not sure about going onto roof as Im not getting any younger(have no idea why my profile on here says im 21 and I cant change) and Im not too tall so id have to figure out how I want to get on and off roof.

2 1/2" shocks up front or just go to coilover and build engine cage?

Full cage maybe in summer when not as many outings going on. Vegas Heat.

small leaks here and there. Maybe rear main small leak.. hope not. Trans cooler lines have small leak, fixing that this weekend.

still trying to find manual xfer case

keep looking for open areas to seal off to try and keep dust out at speed.

And im grabbing this tonight or tomorrow morning... So if anyone is in need of some parts there might be a few torn off this. Cant pass up for so cheap and after I talked to the guy he tryed to change intake gasket and never put back together, supposedly ran before that. Haven't looked at ex yet.

Screenshot_20181130-070933_Facebook.jpg

Just some walk around pics from the weekend while I had her in the air replacing hub and double checking all lockers working.

20181201_154730.jpg

20181201_154735.jpg

20181201_154739.jpg

20181201_154744.jpg

20181201_154812.jpg

20181201_154837.jpg

20181201_154900.jpg

20181201_154805.jpg

20181201_154846.jpg

Has anyone else had problems with the warn manual hubs?

I used to break one every few years. I purchased another set for trail spares. I liked the weak link being such an easy trail fix. Warn always warrantied the broken hubs. Actually, they have warrantied every product I have of theirs that has failed regardless of how old they were.

I used to break one every few years. I purchased another set for trail spares. I liked the weak link being such an easy trail fix. Warn always warrantied the broken hubs. Actually, they have warrantied every product I have of theirs that has failed regardless of how old they were.

Thats kinda the way I just felt. An easy relatively cheap part as the weak link. I bought another pair and will keep spares on truck.

Thanks

Are you gonna cap off the front of your slider tubes? I like how the bedliner ties the glass into the body
Looks like a very fun setup!
The sport tracs and 4 door Rangers often came with a rubber floor liner that will fit right into your sport..........

Are you gonna cap off the front of your slider tubes? I like how the bedliner ties the glass into the body
Looks like a very fun setup!
The sport tracs and 4 door Rangers often came with a rubber floor liner that will fit right into your sport..........

Yeah, need to cap and finish up sliders and probably make a little stronger.

Need to get some kind of floor mats or liner in eventually.

This seems to be a hot topic here lately, but for the Sport you can get the rubber floor liner from a 4 door Ranger or Sport trac and it will fit like stock

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The other option for hubs is 93-96 TTB Dana 44 knuckles and brakes. They have to be 5 bolt spindles. You can get the older 6 bolt ones to work but with more modifications

Back