My 1996 Explorer Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 1996 Explorer Limited

Purchased my first Explorer a few weeks ago, 1996 Limited. Anyway a few pics.

DSC04468.jpg

DSC04499.jpg

DSC04484.jpg

DSC04466.jpg

DSC04543.jpg

DSC04546.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice. Did you lower it?

That front bumper cover looks cool!

nice x and what kind of car is that blue one

Very nice. Did you lower it?

Cheers, no the air shocks were leaking, so it sat low. Have replaced the shocks now, so back to a higher ride hight.

nice x and what kind of car is that blue one

The blue one is my pride and joy, she's an Australian 2005 BA Mk II FPV (Ford Performance vehicles) GT. Specs:

5.4L Boss 290 V8 (290kw or 389hp)
6 speed manual gearbox

I've added:

Genie 4 in to 1 headers
100cpsi racing catalytic converters
3in custom exhaust with quad outlets
Hood shaker and cold air intake with K&N air filter

Here's a few pics if you are interested:

DSC03643.jpg

DSC03623.jpg

DSC03617.jpg

DSC03544.jpg

Awesome car...but your steering wheel is on the wrong side. Get that fixed, mate! :p: :D

Wow love the X, but that blue thing is amazing. Isn't it weird driving on the wrong side? though I love how it looks like only a sport but four doors, awesome. How fast you got it up to?

OMFG... a Sport Taurus... I think ford (FPV) should bring it to the u.s.

you get those type of cars in here...

Sweet looking truck, and love the car too!

I found this post while looking for a picture of a purple Limited to show my daughter what the car I'm going to buy looks like.

I like that front spoiler. I don't think my car will have anything there as it has a bullbar.

Sports Taurus, geez.

Nice Explorer, I'd look for some lowering blocks for the rear. your FPV (Falcon) is a great car. I didn't believe they existed with a 5.4 SC til i seen one in person gorgeous cars. I was told by a Ford rep they make em in wagon form as well as ute (updated ranchero for us Americans)

FPVute_zps00c2e21f.jpg

copyofcopyoffg20falcon2_zps94591ce3.jpg

I found this post while looking for a picture of a purple Limited to show my daughter what the car I'm going to buy looks like.

I like that front spoiler. I don't think my car will have anything there as it has a bullbar.

Sports Taurus, geez.

Nice to see another Victorian explorer, though I was completely under the impression that Explorers were not released in Australia until 1997, not 1996.

Nice to see another Victorian explorer, though I was completely under the impression that Explorers were not released in Australia until 1997, not 1996.

I've got a 1996 XLT but the specs are like a 1997 American model.
We must have gotten the '97 spec cars in '96.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back